cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

Congrats on the approval!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 29
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Bahahahhahaha BOA blows imo.
Rude reps and too hard to get. I think Amex is much better; call me a snob, I don't care. Heh
Discover beats out Amex by a little ;-)

When was the last time you have had a BoA credit card?  BoA/FIA have really stepped it up as of late.  They have given me anything I asked for. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 12 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha Ive never had one lol sorry to be rude.
I app'ed with a 700 fico once and was denied...
Additionally, the young lady I attempted to speak with was quite surly.
I do plan to apply on my next app spree though lol, esp if they are good with bal xfers!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I guess its different for everyone. I applied for Chase back in Aug. 2012 and was denied. Called to recon and ended up with a "not very nice" analyst. I felt like i had no chance once i heard the tone of her voice. Eventually she plain out said she couldnt approve it at this time...I remember she still asked at the end "anything else i can do for you"....oh well.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 29
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 15 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

@dodgerslv wrote:

I guess its different for everyone. I applied for Chase back in Aug. 2012 and was denied. Called to recon and ended up with a "not very nice" analyst. I felt like i had no chance once i heard the tone of her voice. Eventually she plain out said she couldnt approve it at this time...I remember she still asked at the end "anything else i can do for you"....oh well.

As a rule of thumb, before you give up on a recon, give it at least 3 tries Robot Happy

Message 16 of 29
agent_bob
New Contributor

congrats! that's a bigger limit than mine! aha i'm still waiting for my PC to go into effect and get this card !!!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 17 of 29
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 18 of 29
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

Your first line sums it up. A creditor who may be nice to me may not be nice to you and vice versa. Personally I've been extremely lucky with the big banks, but not so much with creditors like PenFed and Amex. Everyone has unique experience with different creditors.

Message 19 of 29
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

My pops has a secured card....I got it changed over to this. Thanks for the easy money BOA.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.