cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

@CreditChampion wrote:

My pops has a secured card....I got it changed over to this. Thanks for the easy money BOA.

they actaully were able to PC his secured card to a Better Balance MC? I asked before i applied to do the same on my secured card and they said i couldnt so they PC to a cashback rewards visa card (had the basic platinum plus visa).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 29
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

I called the backdoor # for the secured and partially secured and they obliged...we will see though. I will keep you updated...this would be great because it would be essentially free money. This card is never used because he has double digit unsecured cards from chase, citi, and amex now.
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 22 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:
I called the backdoor # for the secured and partially secured and they obliged...we will see though. I will keep you updated...this would be great because it would be essentially free money. This card is never used because he has double digit unsecured cards from chase, citi, and amex now.

yeah let us know cuz i wanted this card so bad i pulled the trigger and risked a possible denial because they told me i couldnt PC my secured card to this one.Well no harm done cuz i got approved for the card i wanted...Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

didnt realize BofA reports to the CR right away. Just got an alert on EQ and EX that a new account had been added. Only took a couple of days after approval for it to show up. Of course TU hasnt reported yet (slow like always).

Message 24 of 29
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 29
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Update:They could not change the secured card with travel rewards to the better balance program...bummer

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 26 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditChampion wrote:

Update:They could not change the secured card with travel rewards to the better balance program...bummer

If you have a secured card, don't you have to get it unsecured first?

Message 27 of 29
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy It is a good card to have. I called them to change my Travel Rewards to Balnce Rewards. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 28 of 29
Haroon
New Contributor

It does seem like a really good deal, it's on my short list. I wonder if any one else wants to pay me for what I was going to do any way lol.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.