Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

Congrats on the approval!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
flowfaster

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Bahahahhahaha BOA blows imo.
Rude reps and too hard to get. I think Amex is much better; call me a snob, I don't care. Heh
Discover beats out Amex by a little ;-)

When was the last time you have had a BoA credit card?  BoA/FIA have really stepped it up as of late.  They have given me anything I asked for. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Haha Ive never had one lol sorry to be rude.
I app'ed with a 700 fico once and was denied...
Additionally, the young lady I attempted to speak with was quite surly.
I do plan to apply on my next app spree though lol, esp if they are good with bal xfers!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

I guess its different for everyone. I applied for Chase back in Aug. 2012 and was denied. Called to recon and ended up with a "not very nice" analyst. I felt like i had no chance once i heard the tone of her voice. Eventually she plain out said she couldnt approve it at this time...I remember she still asked at the end "anything else i can do for you"....oh well.

Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

Congrats on the approval.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Blogger
HiLine

dodgerslv wrote:

I guess its different for everyone. I applied for Chase back in Aug. 2012 and was denied. Called to recon and ended up with a "not very nice" analyst. I felt like i had no chance once i heard the tone of her voice. Eventually she plain out said she couldnt approve it at this time...I remember she still asked at the end "anything else i can do for you"....oh well.

As a rule of thumb, before you give up on a recon, give it at least 3 tries :robothappy:

Valued Member
agent_bob

[ Edited ]

congrats! that's a bigger limit than mine! aha i'm still waiting for my PC to go into effect and get this card !!!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Discover IT - $2500 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $400 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $3800 (10/10)
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Established Member
NewYorkGuy

dodgerslv wrote:

Your first line sums it up. A creditor who may be nice to me may not be nice to you and vice versa. Personally I've been extremely lucky with the big banks, but not so much with creditors like PenFed and Amex. Everyone has unique experience with different creditors.

Frequent Contributor
CreditChampion

My pops has a secured card....I got it changed over to this. Thanks for the easy money BOA.

Fico Scores: 763 EQ(12/11/12) 768 TU(12/11/12) ? EX(TBD)
Citi Double Cash 10K PenFed Plat Rewards 8.5K Citi Forward $7.1K AMEX BCE 6K AMEX Zync NPSL(AU) Discover it 5K Wells Fargo Cash Back $2.3K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}