Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

CreditChampion wrote:

My pops has a secured card....I got it changed over to this. Thanks for the easy money BOA.

they actaully were able to PC his secured card to a Better Balance MC? I asked before i applied to do the same on my secured card and they said i couldnt so they PC to a cashback rewards visa card (had the basic platinum plus visa).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Frequent Contributor

I called the backdoor # for the secured and partially secured and they obliged...we will see though. I will keep you updated...this would be great because it would be essentially free money. This card is never used because he has double digit unsecured cards from chase, citi, and amex now.
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Valued Contributor

CreditChampion wrote:
I called the backdoor # for the secured and partially secured and they obliged...we will see though. I will keep you updated...this would be great because it would be essentially free money. This card is never used because he has double digit unsecured cards from chase, citi, and amex now.

yeah let us know cuz i wanted this card so bad i pulled the trigger and risked a possible denial because they told me i couldnt PC my secured card to this one.Well no harm done cuz i got approved for the card i wanted...Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

didnt realize BofA reports to the CR right away. Just got an alert on EQ and EX that a new account had been added. Only took a couple of days after approval for it to show up. Of course TU hasnt reported yet (slow like always).

Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

Update:They could not change the secured card with travel rewards to the better balance program...bummer

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Blogger

CreditChampion wrote:

Update:They could not change the secured card with travel rewards to the better balance program...bummer

If you have a secured card, don't you have to get it unsecured first?

Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy It is a good card to have. I called them to change my Travel Rewards to Balnce Rewards. Smiley Happy

Ron.

New Contributor

It does seem like a really good deal, it's on my short list. I wonder if any one else wants to pay me for what I was going to do any way lol.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.