New Contributor
julio87

Re: I"m new to MyFico ... Just introducing myself

WELCOME!!!!

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Radio_Radiation wrote:

Wolf3, I meant I can't get prime cc and high cl without having a good credit score 

I have to figure have to reply to in the same box as the comment i'm refering to

To be more specific, you need good credit history and income to get prime CC, CL.    That is the important thing.

Credit scores are only part of the story and only useful when applying for credit.  

The obsessives on here like to maximize and watch their score on a daily basis.   They love low utilization and go nuts if they can't pay their balance before it reports.

I only obsess about never being late, because that is history that stays with you for a long time.  I have enough of that on my current report.     About once a year, I apply for new credit and I maximize my score with low utiliztation.  The rest of the time, I make use of 0% and the float and only worry about avoiding interest.  

Anyway you can learn a great deal here, so welcome.   

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Welcome to the forums.... high CLs come from a slow and steady building of more than just score :smileyhappy:

Income; assets; prior use of your cards; payment history and amounts paid... all of this info goes into the magic box and spits out a very cool number... unless of course you apply for capital one platinum card; which only comes with 3 options as far as credit limit offered.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
variableResistor

Your username is Radio Radiation. Are you a Ham radio operator?

Fifth Third Bank Closed 2008-2012 Joint $1,000 Limit $667 High Bal
US Bank Cash+ Visa Active since 2009 Joint $8,000Rev limit/NPSL $1,201 High Bal
Amazon Rewards Visa: Active since 2012 Individual $3,500 limit $1,342 High Bal
Amex BCE: Active since Jan 2014 Individual $3,300 limit 205 High bal
Salle mae rewards: Active since April 2014 Individual $2,400 limit
FICO: EXPN 736 EQFX 743 TU 762 (04/25/14)
INQUIRES: EXPN :11/2013,12/2013 EQFX: 11/2013 TU: 04/2014
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

variableResistor wrote:

Your username is Radio Radiation. Are you a Ham radio operator?

variableResistor.   Are you a volume control?  

Valued Contributor
annielorie

Welcome to the Cell Block!! It has become my standard greeting:smileytongue:  The knowledge you gain here will blow your mind literally.   Many people from many walks of life with one common goal a financially fruitful and successfull credit as well as fiscal future. Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}