Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't understand this.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I really don't understand this.

So the bank I got my secured Visa from sent me an email congradulating me on being a customer with them for 1 year, yesterday.. if it's 1 year according to them, why is my credit line still $335? Why not just convert it already? I'm confused. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: I really don't understand this.

They are being trolls...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So the bank I got my secured Visa from sent me an email congradulating me on being a customer with them for 1 year, yesterday.. if it's 1 year according to them, why is my credit line still $335? Why not just convert it already? I'm confused. 

Which bank?  The vast majority of secured cards do not graduate: they're used and expected to be closed after call it 2 years.

        
Message 3 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Its from a bank around where I live and the cards are supplied from Elan Financial Services which I think is run by US Bank since they sent me a yearly statement last month about my overall spending on that card. I just want my card to graduate so I can get rid of the fee.

Message 4 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Its from a bank around where I live and the cards are supplied from Elan Financial Services which I think is run by US Bank since they sent me a yearly statement last month about my overall spending on that card. I just want my card to graduate so I can get rid of the fee.

If you have a years history on a secured card, and I note the seedilng in your signature signifying recent applications, have you already transitioned to entry level unsecured cards like the Discover or Chase Freedom?  If so, why not just close the secured card if the fee is distressing you?

        
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Is it your annual statement or actually 1 full year of the card?

I received annual statements from cards for a summary of 2013 rather the card was 12 months old or not.

have you called and asked about unsecuring?

Message 6 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

If you have a years history on a secured card, and I note the seedilng in your signature signifying recent applications, have you already transitioned to entry level unsecured cards like the Discover or Chase Freedom?  If so, why not just close the secured card if the fee is distressing you?

Yes I have unsecured credit cards that have been far more generous than my secured card has..

Chase Freedom -$3,000

Discover IT- $4,000

American Express Blue - $500

Capital One Quicksilver One (originally Classic Platnium, credit steps program) -$1,500

And three store cards. 

Message 7 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I received annual statements from cards for a summary of 2013 rather the card was 12 months old or not.

I'm going to call, didn't think of that. No, it wasn't like annual statements.. it was some piece of paper from US Bank saying my credit line was $335 from March 2013 to December 2013 and I got that paper last month.. the email I got yesterday.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm going to call, didn't think of that. No, it wasn't like annual statements.. it was some piece of paper from US Bank saying my credit line was $335 from March 2013 to December 2013 and I got that paper last month.. the email I got yesterday.

sounds like with your other CL's, it's time to take the HP and try to get them to unsecure and CLI

Message 9 of 10
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I called, was told to wait till April 1st.. I asked why would you send someone an email like that and the guy apologzed. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.