cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really think im addicted to credit LOL ONE MORE !!!??

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: I really think im addicted to credit LOL ONE MORE !!!??

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@Secretary14 wrote:

I personally thought the point of this entire forum (not just the app approval one) was to help each other understand credit, how it works and how we can improve ours.  The vast majority of members have at one time or another struggled with their credit.  A great deal (me included) have made mistakes along the way and are working very hard to improve or repair their credit standing.  I can certainly understand the frustration of those (like myself) who are trying very hard just to FIX their past mistakes and move forward then reading, on a daily basis, of someone who doesn't seem to have any struggles whatsoever and doesn't appear to have ever had any.  I don't think anyone is disparaging your success, mariasoccermom11.  I, for one, am very envious.  I know I will never have the kind of income that you do and have no chance of ever achieving the credit limits that you have.  And, in all honesty, nor do I want to.  I know my limits and my weaknesses.  I know that I would never be able to handle that much credit responsibly.

I think in some way, most come on here looking for hope, plain and simple.  Hope that some day, with a great deal of perserverance and self-control, things will get better.  I know that is what I was looking for when I first joined (which was barely a month ago).  I have found, for the most part, it to be exactly what I was looking for.  However, there are others who come here for a completely different reason.  Do some of the app approval stories come across as pure boasting?  Absolutely.  Does it make me feel inadequate in some way?  Absolutely.  But that is my problem, not their's.  As with any message board such as this, I can chose to ignore their posts completely.  I personally keep reading these posts for the pure entertainment value of them.  :-)

and thats great. I had terrible credit and i fix it after hard work and money.. so i enjoy sharing my sucess and im sorry u feel that im boasting. I chose to post since this is a big credit finance. I am very grateful for the income and limits i have.

popcorn_danny_devito.gif

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 61 of 65
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

Im going to the mall this afternoon and im going to Tourneau to get a new rolex for my trip.. they are offering 18 months interest free through td bank. I m going to apply this is my last app forever lmao. Wish me luck!!!

Yeah, I don't think one more INQ or new acct ding will hurt much at this point.

Maria, I'm happy for you.  After dealing with personal matters, you decided to set yourself up nicely with credit.  Once you decide to garden, you'll have a very thick file and excellent payment history and you can do anything you wanted to credit-wise.  If you need a lease or car down the road, you can do it.  Or a new home or any other property.  You held yourself together through crazy times, so I know you can make all this credit work to your advantage!  

Do I envy your lines?   Absolutely, and I have no shame in saying it!   LOL.   But when I add an extra zero to my income, you better believe I'm gonna get some nice TLs and tell everyone about it, because it means I set a goal and accomplished this.   I was over the moon about my BCE.  No, the $1500 CL is a drop in the bucket for some, but it's my biggest CL with a major CC post BK and I got it far earlier than I was expecting.  I know your joy over your accomplishments and you have every right to be excited over it.  

I know you'll do well and I know we can support you doing well with your new credit!  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 62 of 65
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I do not feel apologies are necessary.  OP has posted several threads regarding his/her recent credit experiences.  It is up to each user to decide whether or not OPs posts have a value to them.  As this is an Internet forum, each user should use their own experience, knowledge and/or judgment in evaluating comments posted on myFICO. 

Everyone has a choice to make, they may comment or move on without commenting.

However, comments will follow our User Guidelines and TOS. 

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 63 of 65
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I do not feel apologies are necessary.  OP has posted several threads regarding his/her recent credit experiences.  It is up to each user to decide whether or not OPs posts have a value to them.  As this is an Internet forum, each user should use their own experience, knowledge and/or judgment in evaluating comments posted on myFICO. 

Everyone has a choice to make, they may comment or move on without commenting.

However, comments will follow our User Guidelines and TOS. 

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

+1 I gotta agree with Lexie and the positive posters for maria's success.

Some credit users are college students and have little to no disposable income.

Some credit users have decent salaries that allow them to get by and support themselves or their families.

Some credit users have more than enough, allowing them to splurge every once in a while.

And, lastly, other credit users have 6-, 7-, 8-, or higher income figures!

Jealousy and envy happens. It's a natural human response. Like many have said, it's frustrating to be low on money each month, struggling to get by, especially with mounting credit card and installment debt either currently, or has sucked them in in the past and now they're struggling to rebuild. Then, to come to the boards and see someone succeeding and not being "just like them" and going through the same exactly walk of life they went through could be discouraging. But focusing on the negatives and blasting someone for it just isn't right. It's more important to look at such stories and think "wow, good for that person; i want/wish to be just like them one day!"

Thinking negatively will just lead to more negatives; thinking positively will lead to more positives. That doesn't mean negatives can't be thrown into a positive world, but if you hold a positive outlook through it all, you'll get through it much much better and more successfully with a positive attitude! And get to keep your sanity, too Smiley Tongue

I guess another side would be some people find some stories hard to believe. We've had many trolls pass through these parts before. In that case, just take it with a grain of salt. Are they bothering you directly? No. Are they throwing insults in your face? No. Good, then move right along and not follow the thread anymore, or simply grab some popcorn and watch from afar.

Although I was a builder almost four years ago, when I came to the forums there was nothing heinous on my reports. Never had a baddie, never ever and will do everything in my power to never have that happen. Instead, I learned how to make my credit BETTER! Playing the utilization game, learning about different scoring models, heck I've made a wish-list of my ultimate credit card line-up based on reading tons of threads and finding cards that fit my needs!

There's information here for people of all walks of life. So, like lexie and mj always say, PLAY NICE Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 65
eagle2013
Established Contributor

While we should all respect the TOS guidelines of the forum, and it is certainly my right to ignore - I think there is an additional responsibility to make sure that the context of posts are sensitive to the life paths of the majority of users here, i.e., empathy. There are plenty of well-to-do myficoer's here, but I can't remember any of them posting anything that could be percieved as 'out of touch' and/or boastful. Whether we want to acknowledge it or not - there is a myfico culture in that a large portion of users/lurkers are those with otherwise spotty credit histories/rebuilding. It is a safe credit haven of sorts to come and seek advice/hope when things seem hopeless. This is why we praise for small victories (i.e., store card approvals, getting baddies removed,etc.) whereas other forums would look down on them.

Maria, all of this isn't a character flaw against you. But, understand that general reactions to your credit success (e.g., $40K watch) relative to someone getting approved for their first card out of bankruptcy (likely due to financial problems which you are fortunate not to have), or getting an AMEX 3x cli are going to be perceived very differently. You're free to share your successes, and I hope you continue, but others are equally free to respectfully place it in proper context.

Getting back to topic, I think you should absoltuley take the deal! Seems like a no brainer to me, good luck on your approval and enjoy your purchase!

Message 65 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.