Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I rec my Cap1 today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I rec my Cap1 today!

I'm also talking about hsbc (the Company) as well!  If you think hsbc is the best you can do, I would try for Cap 1.  You may be presently surprised!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!

Cap1 has been fine for me - it may be one of my keepers for at least 2008 into 2009
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, like everyone else likes to bitch, moan and complain about the sub-prime cards.

But I'd like to remind everyone that many of us, me included, started our way back to credit health by getting those sub primes

I started with just 1 card, Applied Bank. Far worse than Cap1 OR HSBC. $300 opening cl, $100 application fee, $95 set up fee, $30 opening fee, $6 monthly maintainence fee, high interest rates.

For all of that year, that was my only card. No others. Next year, applied for and got a Cap1 card. $300 cl, AF, and $5 monthly fee. I was so proud of myself. Got a card with no initial fees. So for first year of credit: $300, 2nd year of credit: $600

Fast forward to now: Here I am with a total combined credit limit on cc's: $20,300. This suits me wonderfully, as I do not live an extravagant lifestyle, and don't need fantastically high TL's.

Moral of the story? Those sucky subprime cards were all I could get at the time, and they were a godsend to me. Without them, I could not be where I am now. WE all have to start somewhere. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob, your words are a true inspiration.  Thanks
Message 14 of 17
nathan
Frequent Contributor

If you can not get a prime card because of credit issues, try the secured cards first. They are far better than sub primes like first premier and all the others out there. Get a sup prime cc only if nobody can offer you a secured cc.. Secure cards have less fees and very small af as compared to unsecured sub primes. just my one cent.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!  WTG

I remember when I got my Cap One card.  I was so excited. 
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob,

Good point! 

The 2 cap one cards I have helped me get the 5 AMEX cards I currently hold.  They helped me tell BOA to kiss my tail since I hate their customer service.  Cap One helped me build my credit to the point I can turned down the "prime" lenders.

I have over a $10K credit line with Cap One.  I started with $500!  That was a 8 years ago.

Like the other posters said, if you are good to Cap one they will be good to you.

Now HSBC that's a whole another story..LOL
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.