cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recieved a nordstrom pre-qualified credit offer in the mail today is it worth it?

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

I recieved a nordstrom pre-qualified credit offer in the mail today is it worth it?

Hi everyone I need some advice, I recieved a pre-qualified offer in the mail today for a nordstrom credit store card offer do you think it is worth it to apply, anyone who has this card do they give good credit limits, is it easy to convert to a visa card, how are the credit limit increases.  The last time I applied for a card was last October as I recieved a pre-qualified card a B&N credit card by Barclay's and I recieved a cl of $2,300.00.  I was planning on applying for a real cc like Chase, Discover once my BK 7 comes off my credit reports in July. Any information will be appreciated thanks.

TU- 711

EQ-685

EX-last score 694

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Creme de la Creme

tray wrote:

Hi everyone I need some advice, I recieved a pre-qualified offer in the mail today for a nordstrom credit store card offer do you think it is worth it to apply, anyone who has this card do they give good credit limits, is it easy to convert to a visa card, how are the credit limit increases.  The last time I applied for a card was last October as I recieved a pre-qualified card a B&N credit card by Barclay's and I recieved a cl of $2,300.00.  I was planning on applying for a real cc like Chase, Discover once my BK 7 comes off my credit reports in July. Any information will be appreciated thanks.

TU- 711

EQ-685

EX-last score 694

dunno if bk friendly but imho, it is one of the best in class and converts typically w/ ease after 7 or so months depending on history.  i was approved for 2k a few weeks ago with a similar eq i think they also softed one of my others, ex? 

top notch customer service tiered and adjustable APRs.  solid bank that offers good CLs.  it grows.  no games.  no brainer.

i apped cold but would've loved to have taken them up on a preapproval.  GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: I recieved a nordstrom pre-qualified credit offer in the mail today is it worth it?

It is one of the  best cards you can get. My suggestion, since you get the letter from them, call them and ask CSR and see what they say. Even if they approve you for the store card initially, after 6 months they will upgrade the store card to visa.
Message 3 of 4
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Creme de la Creme

It's one of the best cards out there.  Even if you are not a Nordstrom shopper, I'd fill the app out and you will hopefully get at least a store card which can be converted to a Visa after around 6 months.  They are generous once you have a history with them.  Once you get the Visa, they go to 15K pretty easy, after that they sometimes ask for W2's and stuff like that.  Excellent customer service, phone rings and someone in America answers who knows what they are talking about.  Used to have prime rate as their best APR but times are tough and they raised it to like 7.9% for the best rate.  So the rate part sucks but it is kind of par for the course in todays credit climate. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.