cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I requested an upgrade to WEMC for my DC...

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I requested an upgrade to WEMC for my DC...

...on Facebook last night, and this is what Citi wrote back:

[quote]Thanks for reaching out to us for World Elite status. I apologize but we are not able to process requests for upgrades. Mastercard invites members for upgrades based on account history, credit limit and credit history. If Mastercard notifies us that you are eligible we will send you a welcome letter. I hope this helps. Best regards, Maryrose[/quote]

That's pretty much what a CSR had told me over the phone earlier in the day. I wonder what the exact criteria for the upgrade is.

I despise social media, but I must say it's pretty cool that they got back to so promptly.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I requested an upgrade to WEMC for my DC...

Be that as it may for upgrades, my bank offers it right off the bat to those who apply....but they dont do PCs

Message 2 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

It is a good question. Do you have a 5k+ CL with them?

Message 3 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It sounds to me like maybe they'd do it after some time -- they mention history. You can always try again in 6 months or something. Maybe the result will be better. You've only had it since April.

It looks like OP's credit line is 15k so it's fine that way but upgrades to WEMC or Visa Signature are almost always a PITA with varied success. Sometimes it simply can't be done.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

WEMC benefits seem to be tailored to those who travel a lot, especially internationally. Maybe that's part of their criteria. However, I used to work for a big name issuer and I know that CCCs are given a fair amount of leeway so it could just be Citi's own archaic policies at play too. 

Message 5 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Citi can choose who receives a WEMC upgrade. I've been told they can't be offered until AFTER the 0% intro APR expires, but one member was able to get it upgraded without issue.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my WEMC in the mail last night after Citi notified me of suspicious activities. I have a $13,600 limit and booked 2 flights to San Jose for work in March. I had the card for about 9 months now since end of August, 2014 and still within my promotional 0% APR. Wasn't expecting a WEMC replacement, so this was a welcomed surprise.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks can definitely choose... but I've heard this before. There are many reps who think that MasterCard has something to do with it, as I've had Barclays tell me the same thing.

I've complained to Barclays many times and they still haven't given me an upgrade to WEMC and I have over a $15k limit. So I feel your pain

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrades to WEMC through Citi are only done if they target your account for it. Not available through customer request.

Message 9 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

That is a drag. Barclay's, like always, tries to blame someone else. 15k CL and they will not upgrade to a World Card? Threaten to close the account, and then the snobs will upgrade.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.