Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I said "no thanks" to App on Gap!

tag
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I said "no thanks" to App on Gap!

Jus thought I'd post this for giggles.. I went to Gap today and you all know the routine..I go up to the counter to pay and the sales gal asks me "would you like apply for a gap cc today, you'll save 10% on your total" I was talking to myself in my head "scrambling...this sounds great...you love Gap....10% off....Then myfico friends chime in my head...."Noooo scrambling....you already have 5 inqs on EX...don't do it!....That'll ruin you score....You just got a Discover more...you don't need Gap at 25% apr..." Whew, that sales girl musta thought I was insane...I really think I was talking out loud to myself LOL!!! You guys are great! It is really nice to have such a support group here.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: I said "no thanks" to App on Gap!

Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wherever you go...

whatever you do...

we're always there... we're in your head... you can't escape...

Smiley Very Happy

Nice work fighting the urge!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha Scramblin,

this happened to me yesterday at target!! Kept repeating my goal for a penfed account at the end of the year saying no new inquires!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you Scrambling!!
Good for you laila!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.