cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I say...Citibank & Cards Has NO Loyalty...Don't Use Them...

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: I say...Citibank & Cards Has NO Loyalty...Don't Use Them...

You cant really fault them if you have a BK in 2009...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 23
ssp
Valued Member

I agree it's probably the BK. I've had a secured Citi Card for a year and every other day I get a reminder that I am eligible for a cl increase. However, I don't have anything bad on my report. I called them today to ask that they change that account from secured to non secured. I was able to get 2 unsecured citicards after 1 year and the limits are decent so I kinda like CitiSmiley Very Happy

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 12 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Can't be long winded now.. have to leave in 30 seconds and I won't even track because i won't be able to answer driving! LOL

BK from 2009, Was citi in that?

anything late, bad, etc. AFTER that bk in 2009?

If those are both no, I think everyone rushes to blame or agree because of the bk.

as much as I say citi sucks sometimes, "USUALLY" once in they are great.

NOW - The Citi i hate

I feel you can almost never get high enough of to someone that actually can over ride a computer... it's hard to believe you talk to an underwriting person who can't actually underwrite an app that has been coded a certain way already... it still boggles my mind and makes my skin crawl to have those phone conversations.

I also HATE the idea of applying for 2nd card to get what you probably deserve and qualify for but unlike capital one that many times will give you the same sucky 2nd card as the first they told you to apply to replace.

Chase is like this too... you have $500 limit and they want HP and give you $200 or something, apply for a new card and you see instant $10k or something (Obviously that doesn't apply to all but been seen tons.

Citi from what I know, 2nd card if they don't have something bad against you... you could see HUGE increase (in credit on new account, not asking for increase on current)

Message 13 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

You cant really fault them if you have a BK in 2009...

+1
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 23
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I had a secured card since Sept 2009, PIF every month, no returned payments, CL is 200.00, card graduated 18 months after I opened, but never got a CLI

I run between 4k and 11k through my deposit accounts a month

Yes, my credit is not the best, bk from 2009, BUT people are behind computers, if they REALLY wanted to they COULD make an exception.

Bank of America did for me as did Barclays

Yeah, I still have their secured card and everytime i hit the love button, it sends a rejection saying my account is secure. 200 CL and ive gotten my check for the deposit over a year ago. card has been unsecured

I app'd for another Citi card and got AAdvantage

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 15 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I think this is just how companies and CS are now. There are exceptions, but in general, big business/banks/etc. just don't care about the customer anymore. I think a lot of this is because of people who took advantage, causing companies to institute less user-friendly policies. Maybe 5 or 10 yrs ago, you could have gotten better results w/them.

Have you tried a backdoor sticky/retention #? Or the exec office? If you are inclined, you could write an email or letter to exec office and see what happens.

I can understand your being angry @ Citi, but frankly, I don't think it's just them. It could just as easily be Chase or Amex or Barclay's or BoA.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 16 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

I have never had a CITI card and have tried so far 3 times to get in with them with no luck at all even with recons.

Reasons always different, too many inqs (5 on each), not enough experience, DEc 21st is the end of the world, are you feeling lucky punk??, it's not a full moon yet, etc etc

Message 17 of 23
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@fuzzybean wrote:

We bank with them and cannot stand them.

OK, I just HAVE to ask...   If you can't stand them, why do you bank with them?  Pick another bank or Credit Union. Why give a place you hate any of your business?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 18 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Idk about Citi... I recently was considering app'ing for Simplicity just for the 0% in case I needed it, and I called their backdoor num as well as other nums just to see of theyd give me more info on how to get approved... I asked very general questions, and they were like 'our uw'ing standards are confidential' blah blah blah, so I didn't apply. To top it all off, EVERY person I talked to was in India... And seriously one guy's accent was so bad, I couldn't understand what he was saying plus ALL of Citi's reps were RUDE. Even for 0% for 18 months, that is not worth it to me.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 23
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@fuzzybean wrote:

We bank with them and cannot stand them.

OK, I just HAVE to ask...   If you can't stand them, why do you bank with them?  Pick another bank or Credit Union. Why give a place you hate any of your business?

LOL!  Good question.  We actually just started banking with them earlier this year because we wanted to keep our spending money (gas, groceries...anything that needs the card swiped) in a separate account/bank from the money we have in savings and our checking we pay bills with.  We will be getting rid of them as soon as we open an account with NFCU, but that won't be until early next year.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.