Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I screwed up / What is my recource

tag
brianjb
Contributor

Re: I screwed up / What is my recource

@MmeLucie wrote:

That is such a relief!!! Thank you guys, for responding so quickly. I really appreciate it. I will look into auto pay. I never want this to happen again. 

I set all of my cards to auto pay the minimum, so I'm never late.  If I want to pay more, I do it manually

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 11 of 16
broseph23
Regular Contributor

@brianjb wrote:

@MmeLucie wrote:

That is such a relief!!! Thank you guys, for responding so quickly. I really appreciate it. I will look into auto pay. I never want this to happen again. 

I set all of my cards to auto pay the minimum, so I'm never late.  If I want to pay more, I do it manually

+1

I do the same. Except, BOA. They have some archaic auto pay system so it still EFT my bank account even if the card is at a zero balance or another payment has been made. It's really stupid. 

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 12 of 16
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

As others have said, you should be fine. However, auto-pay should be your new best friend Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
MmeLucie
Established Member

That is a great idea!

I'm going to set that up Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

While I am a strong advocate of auto-pay (I use PIF as the default, if it is there to protect you from forgetting to make a payment, may as well protect you from paying interest as well) but it doesn't replace fiscal management.   While a late fee is bad, so are unexpected overdraft fees, so remember to make sure that the account used has enough money to cover any auto-pay.

Message 15 of 16
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Capital One reported me late for TWO DAYS PAST MY DUE DATE.....not once but TWICE. 

Keep an EYE on your reports.  It's an uphill battle with them.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.