cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see many vs angel card here. Got a question.

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I see many vs angel card here. Got a question.

Is it just a store card or its a major CC like visa or mc?

Also, is it hard to get approve?

VIP vs regular? Apply for VIP?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Re: I see many vs angel card here. Got a question.

I am an Angel Vip Cardholder, it is a store card there is no option for Visa or MC. You can not apply for Vip you are automatically upgraded to the (Black) VIp card (Which carries a seperate customer service hotline just for vip cardholders) after you spend $250 on your regular (Pink) Angels card. You will also receive a $10 reward card for every 250 points earned. I obtained VIP status in 3 weeks due to needing to do some heavy shopping at the time and paying off the card in full. The card is great to have if you are a frequent shopper at VS, the rewards and perks are great and you get a little booklet with a different monthly offer for the entire calender year. You also get double points as a VIP holder on certain items during certain times of the year along with early access to the semi-annual sale. Approval is not hard at all, they offer pre-approval during onlie checkout if you happen to be doing some shopping the offer may come up with a credit limit and you can choose to accept it. Or you can always go in store to apply. Hope this helps

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 2 of 68
rosegardener
Established Member

If you use the 'shopping cart trick'...i.e. go to the website, add some stuff to your cart, if the pre-approval offer pops and you accept...it is a soft pull only, no hard inquiry.  If you app in the store it is a hard pull.

You also tend to get way more coupons in the mail for VS, and if you pay attention to them you can stack some of them together for great savings.  Last shopping haul netted $130 worth of stuff for $65 here.

It's also possible to hit VIP status without spending $250, what they are looking for is 250 points.  I hit VIP status with much less of a spend, I just happened to wander into a bonus points day (I am not really conversant on those yet, lol.  Pure accident).  When you hit VIP status you do also get double points on bras. 

Being a tad on the girly side I do have to say I thought the pink, sparkly Angel card was prettier than the black sparkly VIP card. 

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 3 of 68
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Haha I just tried the shopping cart trick to see if it was really that wasy. Added some random stuff to my card, about $250 worth, and went to check out. As soon as I enter my name and address and click "continue", got a pop-up -

You've been pre-approved for the Angel Credit Card, with a credit limit of $750.

Start earning reward points now.*

it also said that the accounts are backed by WFNB

I'm not going for it, as one of two things would happen if my wife saw the card - Either she'd max it out, or assume I am having an affair Smiley Very Happy.

At least I get a free guage of my current credit-worthiness Smiley Tongue

Don't mean to thread-jack, but while I'm posting I do have a question - is that a pretty standard CL based on what the rest of you see on the pop-up, or am I on the low-end?

Message 4 of 68
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@cardslayer wrote:

Haha I just tried the shopping cart trick to see if it was really that wasy. Added some random stuff to my card, about $250 worth, and went to check out. As soon as I enter my name and address and click "continue", got a pop-up -

You've been pre-approved for the Angel Credit Card, with a credit limit of $750.

I'm not going for it, as one of two things would happen if my wife saw the card - Either she'd max it out, or assume I am having an affair Smiley Very Happy.

Don't mean to thread-jack, but while I'm posting I do have a question - is that a pretty standard CL based on what the rest of you see on the pop-up, or am I on the low-end?

according to an ae sales person 400 is high..... (backed by ge)

i didnt get any pop up. 

for 200 worth. 20 dollars for shipping for 5 days they must be cray.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 68
rosegardener
Established Member

@creditnocash wrote:

@cardslayer wrote:

according to an ae sales person 400 is high..... (backed by ge)

i didnt get any pop up. 

for 200 worth. 20 dollars for shipping for 5 days they must be cray.

I think you are on the high end.  Wholly unscientific observation based upon stuff I've seen lurking around here is that they generally start between 250-500.  From what I hear it does grow with you.  I've only had it since April and have put a lot through it, and have been experimenting with PIF and carrying a balance for one month, then PIF.  It will be interesting to see what of a CLI I can get (if any lol).

GE cards on the other hand are a little wierd in terms of starting limits, IMO.  My AE Visa was $1900 instant approval in store, my girlfriend who apped the same day got $2100.   About a 20K difference between HHI.  Belk, which I got prior to AE was I think 1200, have since gotten a CLI to whatever it is in my siggy now assuming I remembered to update.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 6 of 68
laz98
Senior Contributor

I wonder if they give you a higher limit if you apply in-store.

Message 7 of 68
rosegardener
Established Member

That's a good question.  I apped in store, but as with all thing YMMVW (your mileage may vary wildly)

Message 8 of 68
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Mine started at $250.  I had about $125 in my shopping cart when I applied.  Since then, I've gotten one auto CLI to $450.  I love the coupons they send and their clearance itmes.  You can use up to 3 promo codes, so I use the one one on the coupon, then I search for others and usually get free shipping for one, with the 3rd one varying.  Last time I made a purchase, I found a promo code for buy one bra, get the second one free.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 9 of 68
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I got the popup approval for 500.00. Just used it for the first time today at bath and body works Smiley Happy
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.