Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I should be good to purchase in 2 yrs??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I should be good to purchase in 2 yrs??

Here's my recent mortgage scores, after my app spree last month and several new accounts. I'm looking to buy in 1-2 yrs. I'm not applying for anymore credit... I don't need it, I have plenty! I'm assuming these scores will increase over the next 1-2 yrs with gardening. Looking to try to get a mortgage with Navy since I have established history with them. 

If I continue doing what I'm doing in regards to my CC's and putting away savings... Despite having a ton of CC's but a 1% reported util... I should be ok right?

image.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I should be good to purchase in 2 yrs??

@pizza1 wrote:

Here's my recent mortgage scores, after my app spree last month and several new accounts. I'm looking to buy in 1-2 yrs. I'm not applying for anymore credit... I don't need it, I have plenty! I'm assuming these scores will increase over the next 1-2 yrs with gardening. Looking to try to get a mortgage with Navy since I have established history with them. 

If I continue doing what I'm doing in regards to my CC's and putting away savings... Despite having a ton of CC's but a 1% reported util... I should be ok right?

image.jpg

Sure, why not?

Be aware that prime rate will be rising sometime in the next two years though.

Message 2 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm not applying for anymore credit... I don't need it, I have plenty! I'm assuming these scores will increase over the next 1-2 yrs with gardening.

If I had a card for every time I've said this..

Oh wait...  Never mind.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 10
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

image.jpg

As long as you meet all of the other loan requirements and your midscore remains good, there should be no problem.  I'm pretty sure your research is solid for whichever mortgage loan product you're anticipating.  Yes, rates are anticipated to go up but as long as you're okay with it (your money, your time, your situation), there really isn't an issue.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 4 of 10
fot1
Established Contributor

I will be willing to bet with the nearly 100K in open credit limits will cause you some issues.. Buying a house is more then just Credit score..

Too many to list..
Message 5 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

image.jpg

Yep after two years the new account will no longer be considered "new", your scores should increase a lot as long as you have no derogs and keep credit utilization under 20%.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 6 of 10
js0319
Established Contributor

If you feel like your income level is where it will need to be to qualify for what you're looking for, and you have the financial backing already to support that decision - you can probably do so in about a year if you wanted to.

Scores are only part of the equation. You need to either have your report in order, or have some good explanations. Whatever your choice is, good luck on your path to a new home.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyjones wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

image.jpg

Yep after two years the new account will no longer be considered "new", your scores should increase a lot as long as you have no derogs and keep credit utilization under 20%.

They have a bankruptcy.

Message 8 of 10
js0319
Established Contributor

Yeah...maybe not. I would work on making sure you don't end up in the same situation again. It looks like you've had some luck post-BK.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 9 of 10
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

I will be willing to bet with the nearly 100K in open credit limits will cause you some issues.. Buying a house is more then just Credit score..

Amount of credit available isn't a mortgage underwriting criteria

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.