cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I should know this, but i'm having a brain frat so..

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I should know this, but i'm having a brain frat so..

Lets say my statement balance is $200 and it's due on the 8th of October. If i make a payment of $200 today to cover the statement balance, but put it $500 charge on my card and not pay the $500 before the due date (8th of October) will i be charged interest on the $500 or will the payment of $200 cover the statement balance?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: I should know this, but i'm having a brain frat so..

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Lets say my statement balance is $200 and it's due on the 8th of October. If i make a payment of $200 today to cover the statement balance, but put it $500 charge on my card and not pay the $500 before the due date (8th of October) will i be charged interest on the $500 or will the payment of $200 cover the statement balance?

$200 covers statement balance. If you leave the $500 and don't pay it, then it will become due after the next statement cut to avoid interest.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 2 of 3
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: I should know this, but i'm having a brain frat so..

Thanks Smiley Happy

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.