Frequent Contributor
fedxboy

Re: I shouldn't have apped. *sigh*

lithium78 wrote:
I decided to app for the Comenity Total Rewards Visa because I really enjoy going to Las Vegas and they gave me a $1500 limit. I called and they increased it to $2700, but that's still my lowest credit limit. I am really, really disappointed in myself that I pretty much wasted a hard pull. $2700 doesn't buy much of anything for a serious vacation. I am going into the garden for the next year.

Congrats on your approval!!  I opened this card myself in June, but I didn't app.  I got a pre approval pop-up for 2k after signing up for a TR account.  I hit the love button after the 2nd statement cut for ***** and giggles and got bumped up to 2500.

(10/6/2014) Walmart FICO 753, 8/20/14 Discover IT FICO 766
Established Contributor
lithium78

Re: I shouldn't have apped. *sigh*

I'm sorry if this thread sounds a little whiny to people on the board who are rebuilding. I'm just a little upset, because I've spent more than seven years rebuilding my credit and I have much higher CLs on other cards, so it was really disappointing to get a limit that was so much lower. I understand that Comenity is a conservative lender, but I have double the CL on Discover and that's a really conservative lender.

I'm grateful that I've made progress to the point where I can app for a prime card like Total Rewards and get it, but it reminds me that I still have a long way to go.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}