Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shouldn't have, but I did...Southwest

tag
Switch2007
Contributor

I shouldn't have, but I did...Southwest

So, I know I'm not supposed to be apping for a while, but the 50k bonus points had me itching, so I pulled the trigger! 

I was approved for a $5,600 limit, 15.24% APR (which is awful I know, but this will be used solely for travel and paid off). I'm excited, as my utilization is pretty high with home renovations going on, but my scores aren't suffering at all. This 50k was just too good to pass up! LOL I also have a Chase Freedom (that I love love love!), and a Chase Checking and Savings account. Clearly I get some good Chase loving that I'm NOT complaining about! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: I shouldn't have, but I did...Southwest

@Switch2007 wrote:

So, I know I'm not supposed to be apping for a while, but the 50k bonus points had me itching, so I pulled the trigger! 

I was approved for a $5,600 limit, 15.24% APR (which is awful I know, but this will be used solely for travel and paid off). I'm excited, as my utilization is pretty high with home renovations going on, but my scores aren't suffering at all. This 50k was just too good to pass up! LOL I also have a Chase Freedom (that I love love love!), and a Chase Checking and Savings account. Clearly I get some good Chase loving that I'm NOT complaining about! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! If chase likes you they take good care of you.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 6
Switch2007
Contributor

Thank you! 

So I've heard... I'm just trying to stay in their good graces! 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Message 3 of 6
skoop
New Contributor

I know this is an older post, but did you they approve you instantly? I app'd last night and got the 7-10 day message. I am a bit concerned. I just recently got approved for a Chase Freedom but really like the bonus points that the Southwest card is offering and hoping I didn't waste an app. Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skoop wrote:
I know this is an older post, but did you they approve you instantly? I app'd last night and got the 7-10 day message. I am a bit concerned. I just recently got approved for a Chase Freedom but really like the bonus points that the Southwest card is offering and hoping I didn't waste an app. Thanks.

I applied for this card about 2 weeks ago with similar scores as OP (690 FAKO) and got an instant approval for 7500. Still waiting for those 50k RR points to hit my southwest account tho...

Message 5 of 6
lanc
Regular Contributor

I'd call the backdoor and ask about the app status, but the golden rule is never make it seem like you signed up for a CC for the bonus.  Maybe you could say you're looking to book a flight you might end up with the card quicker Smiley Happy.  Also, the 50k rewards will show in the first statement (if you made a purchase).  It will say rewards points sent to SW. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.