Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shouldnt have done this.

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

I shouldnt have done this.

I applied Chase and Citi. which one doesnt look good? and also NO MORE APPLYING until 2016!!! I am serious!!  UGHHH!! maybe even 2017 when my BK falls off.

Thank you for applying for the Citi Simplicity® Card.

After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your application. You will receive written notification with the reasons for the decision. If you have further questions once you receive the letter, please call us at the number listed.

Thank you for considering Citi.

^^^ Citibank.

Learn what we're doing to help keep you secure.

Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

• Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
  • If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail.
  • Please do not resubmit this application.   Chase <-----

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Re: I shouldnt have done this.

Sorry about that. Chase and Citi are really BK unfriendly. Wait until your BK falls off in a few years. Hope to get in with Chase in the near future

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 2 of 7
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

If you are really interested in a Citi card and you have other Citi products as leverage i.e. checking, savings, etc.--I would recommend stoping by a branch and applying for the Citi secured card.  They no longer openly advertise the Citi secured card, but it is still available in a local branch.  

If you plan to pursue this route, I would also search around the forums to get a feel for if the underwritting guidelines have changed.  When I had this card several years back, they were bankruptcy friendly.  

Message 3 of 7
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@04Cobra wrote:

Sorry about that. Chase and Citi are really BK unfriendly. Wait until your BK falls off in a few years. Hope to get in with Chase in the near future

Yeah, I know. I should have not done this.. but I guess atleast total INQ ( if both are HP on TU ) is 4 including Chase and Citi. then call it a quit.

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 4 of 7
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

If you are really interested in a Citi card and you have other Citi products as leverage i.e. checking, savings, etc.--I would recommend stoping by a branch and applying for the Citi secured card.  They no longer openly advertise the Citi secured card, but it is still available in a local branch.  

If you plan to pursue this route, I would also search around the forums to get a feel for if the underwritting guidelines have changed.  When I had this card several years back, they were bankruptcy friendly.  

Thanks. BK is 7 years old but I will look into this.

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 5 of 7
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

someone correct me if this is wrong # for chase recon line ?  1-800-432-3117  and it opens at 8 AM EST, correct? Smiley Happy 

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 6 of 7
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

@04Cobra wrote:

Yeah, I know. I should have not done this.. but I guess atleast total INQ ( if both are HP on TU ) is 4 including Chase and Citi. then call it a quit.

Sorry to hear that you weren't successful. Just be patient though. Do you bank with either ot these banks? I initially got the same message from Chase and was approved after about a week. When I called recon they said they didn't have any more info and it was in a different department and I'd have to wait.

Just as a heads up, Citi pulled EX and EQ for me and Chase pulled EX. I'm in NY.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.