Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stepped out of the garden...

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: I stepped out of the garden...

@SanjeevR wrote:

Did you ask them to reconsider? You should. (Trust me. This is something that they can easily override. 2 inquiries in 6 months is not a big deal.)

I did, she said she would place me on hold for 2-4 minutes, and then she came back and said they were standing behind their decision. Last time I used the specific words "reconsider" they did another hard pull. So I'll wait for my letter and go from there. I have seen so many people have successful recons with them, I wonder what the trick is...

Message 11 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

they denied you for too many inquiries in the last 6 mos? and you only have 2?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 18
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@SanjeevR wrote:

Did you ask them to reconsider? You should. (Trust me. This is something that they can easily override. 2 inquiries in 6 months is not a big deal.)

I did, she said she would place me on hold for 2-4 minutes, and then she came back and said they were standing behind their decision. Last time I used the specific words "reconsider" they did another hard pull. So I'll wait for my letter and go from there. I have seen so many people have successful recons with them, I wonder what the trick is...

Sorry to hear it. But, don't give up. You might have better luck trying a second recon after you get the denial letter. IMHO, if it still says that it's due to the 2 inquiries, you should call again and ask them to dig deeper.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 13 of 18
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

So I called this morning on my way out of town, spoke to a credit analyst and I just asked if they needed any additional information or to ask my anything and pulled up my app and said I had been denied due to too many recent requests for credit, which is not true; not enough credit history - my oldent credit card is 1 year 5 months; and too many inquiries. 

Considering I have maybe two inquiries from the passed 6 months, I think Chase is just making up excuses at this point.

If you don't mind me asking, how many inqs do you have in the last year? And on your report all together?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 14 of 18
logan_720
Established Contributor

Alrighttt, so I got two letters from Chase today, the first one confirming denial, for 4 reasons, one of them being that I lack an installment loan. As if I'm supposed to go buy a car to obtain a credit card. They pulled Equifax only and my score was reported at 687. However, they used their own internal scoring system, as they say scores can range from 250 to 900.

The second letter confirms that I had requested them to give it second consideration, on this letter, I have only 3 denial reasons, with "too many inquiries" NOT being a part of it... The three reasons on the second list are:

1.) Length of times account have been established

2.) Too many credit accounts have been opened.

3.) Too many recen requests for credit or reviews of my credit.

Message 15 of 18
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Alrighttt, so I got two letters from Chase today, the first one confirming denial, for 4 reasons, one of them being that I lack an installment loan. As if I'm supposed to go buy a car to obtain a credit card. They pulled Equifax only and my score was reported at 687. However, they used their own internal scoring system, as they say scores can range from 250 to 900.

The second letter confirms that I had requested them to give it second consideration, on this letter, I have only 3 denial reasons, with "too many inquiries" NOT being a part of it... The three reasons on the second list are:

IMO, number 3 is the same as too many inquiries.

Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear Logan Smiley Sad

They denied me 2 months ago for not enough age on current accounts. Looking forward to obtaining it in March 2013.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
teenastie
Established Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

IMO, number 3 is the same as too many inquiries.

You are right!

However, we as a community need to know that the first reason is always the main reason for denials. It appears that AAoA is the main culprit and can only be changed with time (or a healthy Amex since date). The fact that too many inq's reason was listed last means that it is the least important factor holding down your CS with correlation to your decision. Think of it like this...

1.) Length of times account have been established!!!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.