Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I submitted 3 apps today and...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I submitted 3 apps today and...

Its ok, crap on them. I just called best buy HSBC, and they bumped my CL to 900 from 700 after only one day of being open. haha.
Message 11 of 27
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Its ok, crap on them. I just called best buy HSBC, and they bumped my CL to 900 from 700 after only one day of being open. haha.

And the next time you call them for a CLI they will say you already have gotten one. This one will count! Never laugh at a CCC - it's their marbles and their game.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the store card from best buy, and yea, citi are hard asses, but I am on the phone with them again raising hell about this tiny card limit they have me on. I want a bump to 1k, for now, and thats it!! GEEZ!

Step away from the phone...quitely and carefully.
Message 13 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

a false sense of entitlement can be your worst enemy in this economy,  a little patience and appreciation as you try to build please  - you won't regret it.

rpmmotorsprts wrote:

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 27
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to say this and hopefully you will not take this wrong. Right now you just did 3 apps on a fico score that is not very strong and a history that is at best  very thin. You are going to take a hit just for the inquiries further lowering your scores. You are getting some sound advice from people who have all BTDT. Take the advice you are being given and let your history build. This is not the time to go on an app frenzy and certainly not the time to be pushy on cli's.

I would hate to see you in a few months upset that your cc's are cld'ing you and closing your accounts.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea I am done with it for now. I just wanted it to help my utl, but I went ahead and paid al my cc off today, so that will do it, plus I got approved on my app frenzy for the following figuring ppl will want to offer credit around xmas time, and I was right.

I got Hooters, dont know the cl yet

Macys 300

kays 2800

best buy 900

and thats it for now, no answers on the other apps yet. But anyway, after all the app frenzying and the inquiries putting a hit on my credit my scores are still 600 or better. Exp dropped to 605, TU stayed the same somehow, and EX dropped to 600, but well see what happens when they all report Smiley Sad maybe theyll go, maybe theyll go down, and maybe me paying off all my cc debt will keep my scores above 600. Either way, no more applying for any new accounts. I have all the accounts I could ever need, just need to establish them, and get the lines up over time. Thanks for the advice.

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be willing to bet that paying down 88% utl will have more benifit than the inverse amount of loss you'll get from all the inquiries combined.
Message 17 of 27
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

It is posted elsewhere here - Merrick Bank, the issuer for Hooters, has been closing accounts they previously opened with the stated reason that they did not like the cardholders application pattern post approval.
Message 18 of 27
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yea I am done with it for now. I just wanted it to help my utl, but I went ahead and paid al my cc off today, so that will do it,

Sounds a little backwards.  Next time you go on an app spree or ask for CLI's, if you have the money in the bank - might I suggest that you pay the balances down first?  Your score would have looked much better and the lenders would have been more generous.

Congrats on your new trade lines, treat them well and they will grown with you! 

Message 19 of 27
brooklyngal
Contributor

I've gotta vouch for Citi.  I have 3 accounts with them (2 since 2/08 and 1 since 3/08).  On all of them, I've been CLI'd twice!  Citi is a great company to deal with--they're not stingy at all.

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.