Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I successfully appealed the hard limit on my Amex Plat

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I successfully appealed the hard limit on my Amex Plat

I am happy to answer any questions about the process for anyone dealing with this issue. It was not a bad process at all.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I successfully appealed the hard limit on my Amex Plat

@Anonymous wrote:
I am happy to answer any questions about the process for anyone dealing with this issue. It was not a bad process at all.

congrats! why dont you tell us all the details of what and how went down?

Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Chances are what worked for you won't work for others since you're the first I've seen but congrats on your success 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I have had the card for 10 yrs but have had a handful of 30 day lates in the past 3 yrs. I paid my Dec stmt on the exact last day before it would trigger a 30 day late, so with Amex charge, technically it is the due date of the following statement (i.e. Charges from Dec, paying in February). After I made the payment, I checked my email and saw about 3 hrs earlier, Amex had set a hard limit. I called and was transferred to the Responsible Lending Group, different from the credit group. They said even though only 3 hours had passed, I would have to file a formal appeal. There was no form to fill out, they only wanted a bank statement/brokerage statement and/or proof of salary. I decided to submit the least amount of info for privacy reasons and figured if they needed more, I would send then. I faxed and mailed the most recent statement on my brokerage accounts and in 3 weeks called them and they approved it. It took a couple of days for the app to reveal the change but then I knew it was real. It took a couple more for account/customer services to see this on the their screens as well so there was a limbo period where I didn't know what was going on. It was very simple, I didn't have to obtain anything from a bank or fill anything out. I get paper statements on all my accounts so I had what I needed.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the long story. I agree, everyone has a different situation but hopefully there is something in this that can help someone else.
Message 5 of 6
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Glad everything worked out for you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.