Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I take Back All The Bad Things I Said About Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take Back All The Bad Things I Said About Discover

My Discover IT Chrome finally graduated! it almost took two full years but they finally sent me an email saying they were returning my security deposit. It was only $200 but still nice to get some recognition on my credit rebuilding. The email came 1 day after my 20th statement cut and my score reported on that statement was 649.

So if you are are waiting on your card to graduate, be patient and it will happen.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: I take Back All The Bad Things I Said About Discover

congrats on the card graduation!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome news!!! Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Congrats!
Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good to hear!! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on being patient.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they do anything with your CL? Or leave it at 200
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did they do anything with your CL? Or leave it at 200

They left it at $200. I was thinking about asking for a CLI when I get the deposit back. I really want to use discover but at a $200 CL it is near useless. Chase gave me 3k, Barclay 3k, State Farm 5k and blispay 5k. Needless to say Discover sees about a pack of gum purchased once a year. where as Chase is seeing literally all of my spending usually about 2k a month.

Message 8 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats to the recent grad, best of luck to you

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's amazing!  Congrats!

Mine is about to have its 18th statement cut.  I'm batting around biting the bullet and increasing the credit line myself with a bit more of a deposit so it'll be a bit more respectable when it finally does graduate, but I don't know if I want to tie up more cash or not.  I got them to add the double cash back thing to my card last July so I've been trying to use it for everything but paying it off 3-4 times a month is a bit annoying, hahaha.  I considered just using it for categories and Discover Deals but that half a percent over my QS1 is tempting Smiley Tongue

I'm very much looking forward to mine finally graduating and getting my check in the mail.  It'll be a wonderful day.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.