Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Amex should issue metal Platinum card``

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

I think Amex should issue metal Platinum card``

With that AF.. I think Amex should learn from Chase and issue a metal card for their Platinum card.

Any ideas?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: I think Amex should issue metal Platinum card``

It should be made out of Adamantium.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 17
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

With that AF.. I think Amex should learn from Chase and issue a metal card for their Platinum card.

Any ideas?

I highly doubt that Amex is worried about losing customers because they don't issue a metal Platinum card.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

And they should make it metal because....?

I honestly don't see what's the big deal about whether a card is made or metal or plastic. It's really just a card, not a car.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

Any ideas?

I think they should at least offer 2X for dining.

Message 5 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Open123 I agree lol. I wish some of the Amex cards have better rewards for dining, but whatever they have is working out well for them, so I can only hope.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Open123 I agree lol. I wish some of the Amex cards have better rewards for dining, but whatever they have is working out well for them, so I can only hope.

I'm sure it works out well as it gets people to pay for multiple cards, the Plat for the "perks" and some other Amex card to get a way of earning reasonable amounts of points.

Message 7 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

I am hoping the BCP can at least get 2x dining which the BSP has.

There's no Amex revolvers that earn MR points as well, right?
Message 8 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I am hoping the BCP can at least get 2x dining which the BSP has.

There's no Amex revolvers that earn MR points as well, right?

Only ones are Amex Blue, Blue for Business and Mercedes Benz.  Blue for Business earns a 30% MR annual bonus on all spend and the MB Revolver is 2X on dining.

Message 9 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks!
So blue is 1 point for each dollar flat?
That Mercedes card would be nice if I were interested in a Mercedes....
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.