I think Citi may love me......

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: I think Citi may love me......

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

WHen you are logged in, across the top there is a small menu, My Citi, Payments, Benefits and Services.

Click on the last. Then under Services and Requests column, there is "Request a credit line increase"

Sometimes it will say that no credit report was pulled, but certainly not always, when I did it it was a HP (and a denial to make it even better!)  You cannot know in advance what it will be.

ah I see. Thanks a lot!

So basically it's kinda a wild guess as to whether it will be HP or SP?

Will calling CSR help? :/

Talking to a CSR always gives you a chance to be told that it will be a SP/HP.  Whether you can trust that is different!  I had thought since Citi had recently done HP for applications on other cards, they wouldn't need to HP, but I was wrong.  So yes, talk to a rep rather than use the website.

There is also a rule stated in the FAQ that the card needs to be 6 months old, but I'm not sure that that is enforced to any extent.  I expected my request to be blocked on those grounds (before any pull) but it wasn't.

Everytime I have called and spoke with a csr, they tell me it's going to be a hp. (Except with the Home Depot one but I had just been approved)

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.