cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I hate Chase now - But I love chase Recon line and chase credit analyst line

tag
roshan
Contributor

Re: I think I hate Chase now

@CreditScholar wrote:

I have a feeling that they're capping you due to your other credit obligations.

85k is a decent income, but once you factor in your mortgage, car loan repayments and existing CC TLs, they may see you as being over-extended (or at risk of being over-extended). Thus they've denied you for additional credit.

thanks for info.

what does TL means? sorry i am new to all this terms.

I have mortgage for a year and auto loan for 2 years whithout any late payments.

I have total of 28K CL between all credit cards on my CR. my current UTI is less than 3%.

I have asked them to merge all my CCs and waiting for their call now if it is possible or not.

Message 21 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

@roshan wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I have a feeling that they're capping you due to your other credit obligations.

85k is a decent income, but once you factor in your mortgage, car loan repayments and existing CC TLs, they may see you as being over-extended (or at risk of being over-extended). Thus they've denied you for additional credit.

thanks for info.

what does TL means? sorry i am new to all this terms.

I have mortgage for a year and auto loan for 2 years whithout any late payments.

I have total of 28K CL between all credit cards on my CR. my current UTI is less than 3%.

I have asked them to merge all my CCs and waiting for their call now if it is possible or not.

TL means "trade line."

From my experience with Chase, they have an "internal" limit on the aggregate CL they'll allow for me.  I can have a greater number of cards, but it must all fit within the aggregate limit they've set.  I'd imagine this limit is fluid and can/will adjust over time based on an individual's changing economic circumstances and data.

Message 22 of 30
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Chase is rather picky with CLI in my opinion.

I got a SW card in 8-2010 with 3.5k limit, never seen an auto CLI.

March 2012 got the Marriott card with 12k limit

Oct 2012 got the CSP but had to move 5k from Marriott to open.

March 2013 got Priority Sig Visa with 8.4k.

But it seems I can't get any auto CLI's.

I am happy total CL with Chase is now at 23.9k. At some future date, 12 months maybe I will go for another Card or try the CLI and see where it gets me.

I have the scores and income to get good cars with good limits, heck PenFed just gave me a 19k visa and 20 PLOC.

But it seems easier to get another card with new limit than auto CLI.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 23 of 30
roshan
Contributor

Thank you very much to all Fico member. This forum is big help for all us.

Message 24 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I think I hate Chase now - But I love chase Recon line and chase credit analyst line

@roshan wrote:

hello Fico members

I am very pissed at Chase now Becuase

I have chase checking and saving account for 10 years 

I have 4 Chase Credit cards for 6 years

2 - Chase Freedom (one with $2000 credit and second with $1400) :   

1 - Chase Amazon card ( $6000) :    

1 - Chase Slate card  ($4000) :   

They never did CLI on any of my cards since 6 years So i called the Chase Exc. office number 888 622 7547 and asked them to do CLI on my cards. She said it will be one hard pull . i said Yes. She said i will cal you back in 25-48 hrs.

Today she called me and told me my CLI was Denied

Reason 1:  I have sufficient  credit limit with Chase.

Reason 2:  I have sufficient revolving account on my credit report. 

So they denied my CLI and put one Hard pull on my report.

i only have total of 7 credit card account on my report. 4 from chase, 1 amex, 1 discover and 1 macys.

i have score of 725+ with incoming of 85K. and after 10 years with chase this is what they give me.

I was planning to apply for CSP but not sure now if i sould apply or not.

Update:

After reading you very inspiring post, I decided to call Chase again bec they denied my CLI and they did not reply my call for consolidate my credit card for 36 hrs.

So i just called them on "App Recon" 800 number from "Backdoor number" post from this forum.

I got one very nice lady on other hand. I asked her why my CLI was denied and if she can help me with it. She said let me take a look.  hold for 3 mins. and she said you have enough account with Chase so that is why it is denied. 

I said to her that i am chash customer for 10 yrs and never had one single late payment. and some other things.

She said Let me calucate some numbers and i will be back.

2 mins hold

she offer me $5K CLI from my current $2K.  I request her to match my new Amex CL which is not on CR yet. But i just got it as auto CLI from Amex. $12K.

She said she knows Amex give you 3X CLI after some months.

So she said let me calculate some more numbers.

2 mins hold.

And BOOM... She said she approved me for $12K for my freedom.

I Thanks her a lot and said she is my angle. She laughed and thanked me and i thanked her again.

And now i got 12K on my freedom from $2K.

It's still not done...

I called the credit analyst customer service line 800 from "Backdoor post"  and asked them to consolidate my all accounts in one freedom.

he said sure he can do that. But he can't transfer all CL from othe accounts to one. He needs to leave $500 on each card when he consolidate.

I said ok. He moved all my credit to my Freedom and i asked him to close my 2 accounts.

So now i have one freedom with $17K limit and one Amazon chase with $1K with chase.

everyone on this forum are really true.. You just need to find a right person to talk to and you get what you need.

Thank you very much to all Fico member. This forum is big help for all us.

CONGRATS!!!!!!

(you should keepyour bank accounts now Smiley Very Happy)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I think I hate Chase now - But I love chase Recon line and chase credit analyst line

Congrats on the successful recon!

I'm glad it worked out for the best!!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 26 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wow! All on the Freedom...glad it worked out for you
Message 27 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

that is wonderful! I am glad they finally treat their banking customers equally to "external" credit card customers. I am so happy for you Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow!!! Looks like they are taking care of you! I like Chase!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 30
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I know this is a super old thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread.  I was going to close the card because I figured they would always be a tough nut to crack.  Then I decide to call backdoor number.  Super nice CSR asked me a few questions about my BK from 9 years ago and said hold on.  Came back with a CLI from $5K to 10K.  Best CLI I have ever received from anyone.  Makes me feel better to replace most of the $8500 that I just closed from GE.  Happy with Chase at the moment and don't need anymore credit from them.  Just need to pay off BT on CapOne and then close them also.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.