cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I have a GM Buypower World Elite Mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I have a GM Buypower World Elite Mastercard?

Visa and Mastercard seem to have very different requirements when it comes to their Signature and World Elite cards. 

I think the GM BuyPower card is a great example of just that. Many have low SL but still carry the WE moniker. Unlike the general $5,000 rule of thumb for the Visa's, Mastercard doesn't seem to find that necessary.

Even with the possible low SL and earn caps, I was tempted to get this card. Can't remember why. Can't remember why I decided not to either.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I have a GM Buypower World Elite Mastercard?

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

I got discover, chase freedom, barclays rewards and such.  I couldnt get a GM buypower world elite card.

(3 judgements, 3 collections, AAoA 10+ years, no missed payments 20+ inquiries and 10+ new accounts)

My wife has 2 cap 1 cards, she got the world elite gm buypower card. 

(AAoA of about 2 months, no collections, no missed payments maybe a handful of inquiries and 2 new accounts)

They seem to want better than crap credit but not steller credit.  Id call em right in the middle.

I'm in a similar credit profile as you. I have 1 judgement, collections, over 20+ inqs on each bureau and 10+ new accounts. I got approved for the GM Buypower albeit low limit at $300. I can't even think of anything to use the card on honestly. Paying any bill pretty much maxes that card.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.