Regular Contributor

I think I have a problem! lol

So, I have about 8 credit cards, however I only use about 4 actively, only carring a balance on one and PIF the others.  But I always feel the "urge" to get a new one...what is wrong with me?  haha.  I recently applied for a preapproval offer that I received in the mail for a 7.99% fixed apr and felt it was too good to pass up as a "what if" card.  Was this a smart idea?  I did feel a bit guilty and disappointed once I got it, because I honestly don't know why I did it.  Does this happen to anybody else?

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
athensguy

Re: I think I have a problem! lol

Situations like this are what the old Sleigh Center and newer Concorduser Center are for!
Senior Contributor
smallfry

As long as you continue to read the credit boards it is a rare individual who can escape the siren song for very long. :smileyhappy:
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

I'm in the same boat.

I blame the rewards!
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}