Re: I think I might be in love with Barclay

these are the info I found on cards benefit

Visa Platinum Card Guide

Platinum Mastercard Guide

Message 11 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

You're right. I'm looking on the Visa website. It's not noted anywhere as a benefit from the Visa issuers I have. Wonder why... It's kinda cheesy to omit that vital info.

Anyway... my BMC gives me a whole lot of wiggle room rather than the sad CL on the BofA. Before I was able to get other cards my score would swing 60 points when I rented a car. LOL!

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 12 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

isn't rental car collision coverage standard for most visa and master cards? (even discover I think)

barclay card is my newest card, but I'm sorta scared to use it since I read all sorts of horror stories about they reducing credit limit without notice, or closing the account when you get few hp on your credit report.

Yes in the first 6 months. So no problem to use. Just don't be apping for competition and you will be ok. It even says on website. Let them know if you are traveling. Lol. Fraud prevention. People just over dramatize. Smiley Happy  never ever had issue. But I'm not gonna app either until 6 months of having card. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Firehorse wrote:

The Barclay RMC is new in my wallet. I knew it was a rewards card but... Rental Car Collison Waiver is a benefit too? AWESOME!

I'm feeling that love....

Smiley Wink

Ask for Marriage soon.. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

The Barclay RMC is new in my wallet. I knew it was a rewards card but... Rental Car Collison Waiver is a benefit too? AWESOME!

I'm feeling that love....

Smiley Wink

Ask for Marriage soon.. Smiley Tongue

+1

Smiley Happy

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 15 of 16
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

isn't rental car collision coverage standard for most visa and master cards? (even discover I think)

barclay card is my newest card, but I'm sorta scared to use it since I read all sorts of horror stories about they reducing credit limit without notice, or closing the account when you get few hp on your credit report.

you're just a bandwagoner thinking barclay will randomly do that to people. lmao

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.