Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I might be in love with Barclay

tag
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

I think I might be in love with Barclay

The Barclay RMC is new in my wallet. I knew it was a rewards card but... Rental Car Collison Waiver is a benefit too? AWESOME!

I'm feeling that love....

Smiley Wink

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I might be in love with Barclay

isn't rental car collision coverage standard for most visa and master cards? (even discover I think)

barclay card is my newest card, but I'm sorta scared to use it since I read all sorts of horror stories about they reducing credit limit without notice, or closing the account when you get few hp on your credit report.

Message 2 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

isn't rental car collision coverage standard for most visa and master cards? (even discover I think)

barclay card is my newest card, but I'm sorta scared to use it since I read all sorts of horror stories about they reducing credit limit without notice, or closing the account when you get few hp on your credit report.

The other three I have don't note it as a benefit anywhere. Two are subprime, the other is BofA.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 3 of 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Plan on gardening for 6 months after getting Barclay's rewards.  You need to REALLY use that bad boy and pay in full, to get luv button approval for cli.

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 16
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for your Barclay Rewards Mastercard! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Plan on gardening for 6 months after getting Barclay's rewards.  You need to REALLY use that bad boy and pay in full, to get luv button approval for cli.

gardening? (sorry, new to this forum)

barclay card is one of those card that I didn't really think through before applying. But now that I have it, I gotta try my best to keep it well maintained. well good thing is they offer 2x for grocery store, and since safeway's got pharmacy inside, all my medicine will be paid with barclaycard and get that 2x points! And also cellphone bills are considered as utility bill. so at least those two things will be covered by the card.

Message 6 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally plan to use mine differently than my other cards. Instead of using my debit card now, I will use my BMC for the rewards and then PIF each month.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Firehorse wrote:

The other three I have don't note it as a benefit anywhere. Two are subprime, the other is BofA.

I think those coverages are coming from visa or mastercard themselves, so it's got nothing to do with the card lenders. At least that's what I figured by reading benefit information from capital one website.

Message 8 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

I think those coverages are coming from visa or mastercard themselves, so it's got nothing to do with the card lenders. At least that's what I figured by reading benefit information from capital one website.

The terms on my BofA Platinum Plus mention the rewards but nothing about any other benefits like rental cars. A link on their site says, "Your credit card issuer may also offer a rental car loss and damage insurance..."

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/education/credit-card-security-features.go

This is my first MC so maybe they are different. But it doesn't appear to be something for any Visa.

Message 9 of 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally plan to use mine differently than my other cards. Instead of using my debit card now, I will use my BMC for the rewards and then PIF each month.

@I'm trying to get away from debit card use (even my PayPal cash back @1.5%), and switching to my cards.  Already have the QS1 taking over in the web, but requires s lot of payments during the month.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.