Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think It's time to enter the garden..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think It's time to enter the garden..

I've managed to build up my credit as far as possible without 4+ year old lates and one reposession falling off of my report (as far as I know). Sunday, I was approved for a Discover IT, and a Chase Freedom. Last week I got an upgrade on my cap1 platinum to a Cap1 Quicksilver. I spoke with my car dealer today (No I don't shop around, he finds me what I want in my price range and always offers a fair price (usually below blue book) to trade in my 2014 Escape for a 2012-2014 F150 XLT, as the escape just doesnt work well in Montana when you are an avid hunter and outdoorsman.. Now I beleive I will enter the garden until he finds me a vehicle, which usually takes some time. In the mean time I'll be cancelling my dreadful Credit One Bank card (400CL LOL) and waiting patiently. If anyone has any advice for credit one cancellation that would be great, everything I read tells me it's a nightmare and a half.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: I think It's time to enter the garden..

Call them, be firm, tell them you want to cancel take no prisoners!. If all else fails, let thrm know you're an avid hunter lolSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

When they ask you why you want to cancel, say something along these lines, 

"Credit1 has been great to me. It has helped me build my credit. It has done it's job. It's just time to move on." 

Even if they suck! We all know they do. You can catch more flies with honey than You can with vinegar.  Your end goal is to close the account with no issues.  

I've closed a few rebuilder cards in the past with this type of semantics and I have never had Any issues, OR pressure to keep the account open. 

Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I would let you guys know I just closed this account, and had zero issues. I did ask for a confirmation of closure to be mailed to me for my records in case anything goofy happens.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled mine a couple months ago. No issues other then I had a 0 balance when cancelled (even confirmed with CSR) and magically had a $4 balance when it showed up to credit bureaus.
I called pissed off and they removed it and said it would show 0 balance the next month which it did. If I wasn't paying attention it could have hurt my credit so my advice is to keep the app and monitor it daily once it's closed to watch for the surprise balance, at least for a month. Congrats on the better cards! It's a good feeling.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I asked for the same closure of account paid in full letter to be mailed. Never got a **bleep** thing.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was painless. I said the card no longer met my needs. They'll first offer to refund a small portion of interest paid and when you decline they'll offer a higher portion and waive the af. When I declined that he said no problem and canceled the card. reported quickly, says at consumers request. 

in retrospect I probably shouldve taken them up on that refund credit, spent that money, then called back to cancel. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.