Cuz I closed all my cards with them. I had

New York and Company
Victoria's Secret
Torrid
PayPal Extras MC
Walmart
Amazon
Care Credit

I tried applying for the Fuel Rewards Network MC and denied both times between 3 months of each other. Also haven't been able to get back in with my Care Credit. Darn it
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: I think Synchrony and Comenity hate me.

Sorry to hear that OP. I hope those weren't your oldest TLs. How long ago did you close the accounts?
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

They certainly weren't. Well some were. NY&C was opened August 2013. The rest were opened from October 2014 to March 2015 and I closed them earlier this year
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 3 of 8
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Considering your CR is healthy, you may have to wait it out a little longer before apping again. I wish you luck with your future apping!

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 8
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

Considering your CR is healthy, you may have to wait it out a little longer before apping again. I wish you luck with your future apping!

Yes... U clearly didnt need those cards but still.... now Im kinda curious as to why U closed them.

Message 5 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I just didn't want them. I opened most of them out of desperation when I couldn't get approved for anything else. Once my credit got better and I got better cards I dumped them. I kind of jumped the gun on closing the Care Credit which is why I want it back. SYNC has some really nice cards I see myself using so it's a bummer

Message 6 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

With a lot of synch cards, when you go to close the card it tells you that you are not able to reapply for that card for 1 year. When I applied for Wal-Mart and they gave me a 150 credit line, I closed it 2 months later and I can not reopen that card for one year.

Message 7 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I didn't see that at all. Well I know now. Thank you

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.