Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought GEMB hated me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought GEMB hated me.

I've had my PayPal Smart Connect since Dec of last year, my FICO's back then were in the high 690's-low 700's. 500 initial CL, requested a CLI about 4 months after having the card was offered a CLI of 125 bringing me to 625, I accepted it, I hit the luv button about 2-3 weeks ago, declined, received a letter a week later stating "I did not have enough experience with my current limit"

I have not used the card since June I think, but when I did use it regularly I always PIF before the due date, so today I decided to hit the luv button again and it asked my annual income like it has the past two times, I entered my income (same as the last two times) I hit submit, and when the page loaded it said "Great News, your limit has been raised" 2,150 total line now.

I thought GEMB hated me, but now I think they may like me LOL, I just don't get some lenders, my first CLI was 125 and the next was 1,525.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with GEMB now, I mean 2,150 is still a low limit, but for this type of card I think it's pretty good, now I might just show GEMB some luv and start using the card again.

Just had to post this as I was postitve GEMB hated me and I stated that in another thread just recently.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ontop
Regular Contributor

Re: I thought GEMB hated me.

Congrats.. More evidence that GEMB doesn't like their cards sitting in idle mode?

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2,150 is a very respectable limit.  Congrats on the increase! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Same here !  I made a thread about it a few weeks ago, "Sam's Club success story" or something like that.  My Sam's went from $2,000 to $5,000 in one click, and my Paypal Smartconnect (which I was so disgusted with I was about to cancel it) went from $700 to $2250 or something ridiculous.

Congratulations to both of us, and to everyone getting holiday cheer (I tend to think they're beefing up credit lines ahead of the holidays) from GEMB !

Super Contributor

@ontop wrote:

Congrats.. More evidence that GEMB doesn't like their cards sitting in idle mode?

Ah.

I was wondering why everyone is getting luv from GEMB except me...

I can fix this...  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Since it bears on this thread, is there a general rule for time between account opening and CLI request for GEMB-sponsored cards (like Wal-Mart, JCP)...and is it a soft or hard pull?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Since it bears on this thread, is there a general rule for time between account opening and CLI request for GEMB-sponsored cards (like Wal-Mart, JCP)...and is it a soft or hard pull?

General rule is you can go online and request a CLI after every 4th statement, and it's a soft.

Thanks to those who have replied Smiley Happy

It may have been because the card has sat idle, or it may because of the Holidays coming up, who knows.

Message 7 of 12
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Yes, that is a respectable increase indeed.

Message 8 of 12
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Gemb loves me.
I have 3300 between 2 cards.
I just recently got a 400 increase on my 1100 amazon card and just got approved for a 1800 Walmart discover card last week.
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 9 of 12
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

They just changed their name.  Maybe they changed their operating strategy in general, too?