cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

@injustifiiable wrote:

Discover - Declined due to the 1 collection, they pulled EQ...the score they gave me was a 645 vs the 671 I have on MyFico...what's up with that????

Simple, there are tons of variation on FICO score. There are like 20 types of FICO score for EQ. myFICO only sells one type of FICO score. Discover uses another type for credit score.

Message 11 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

@praise123 wrote:
Do you have any other CC? Don't feel bad. In March, I had 600 so I got a secure card and in June the score jumped up to 645 and I got 4 CC in June. My score is about 639 but I am hoping that it goes back up by next year. Maybe you can get a secure card

I have two starter cards, a HSBC Household and a CapOne Secured, got them in Feb and March of this year. I'm not that annoyed about it, since it's only been 6 months into my rebuilding process. I wanted to see where I stood. By November of next year, I'll be free of major derogs and will have plenty of good history so I'll go on another "app spree" then...hahah. Will probably freeze my reports in the meantime, though.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.