Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought my account was reinstated :(

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I thought my account was reinstated :(

I recently called Macy's to see if they could reinstate my account. It has been closed and at a zero balance for 2 years. They said they would reinstate my account but they didnt and they wont without a hard pull. Did any of you have to get an entirely new account or am I just not getting the right person.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Re: I thought my account was reinstated :(

Tempus I recall a person who had their Macy's acct reopened without any pull.  It had been closed for a very long time (10 yrs?) and they made it sound like it was no big deal.  I also remember someone reopening an old acct that had a balance that the CSR told them they needed to pay, they paid it, bingo bango, Macy's acct is now reopened. You may want to do a search also. Hope you have similar luck!!

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Ive sent 2 messages online and I was told to call back and ask to speak to the authorization department. I was transfered and the guy told me to go into the store and reapply. I know that others have been able to get their accounts reinstated. I just wish I could get ahold of the right person.
Message 3 of 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

If at first you dont succeed, try, try, and try again
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today to re-open an account I had many years ago...got the need to open a new account story also. I would if they would give me the history, but the csr said it can't be done. If you find out it can let me know the name and number of the csr you talked to, and I will do the same. I have read of others getting re-opens easily. just don't get the problem. I would take 100 limit for the history. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Tempus

I just called the back door number ( 800-543-9617) for macy's about a week ago, and the guy reinstated my account. I would say keep trying because the first time the lady told me no too. Good luck!

Message Edited by motiv8ed on 01-30-2009 02:17 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.