cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took everyone's advice and emailed CHASE....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took everyone's advice and emailed CHASE....

I sent a goodwill to CHASE'S executive offices and I got a call today that they will be reviewing my account. This account is a huge eyesore on my credit report with at least 20 different month's of intermittent late payments in the past 5 years, until it finally charged off, and I settled it for less than the full balance in 2010. My credit has been down in the dumps because of this account since I opened it when I was 19, had too high of a credit limit, and was irresponsible with credit (and having no money).

My birthday is tommorow, I'll be 26, and have learned since learned an invaluable lesson about credit cards.

I pray to the lucky stars, that I can get a tradeline delete....

WISH ME LUCK, I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: I took everyone's advice and emailed CHASE....

As part of you settlement with them, you should ask for it being removed, i dunno..

Get a checking/saving account with them. In 6-12 months or so, ask if you can apply and be approve for freedom card, even if it's 500CL.

In the mean time, open a secured credit card with wells fargo, wal-mart (for free fico, even if you get approve for $300) or something to build up your credit score.

That is what I would do...I can also be wrongSmiley LOL

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, the account has been settled since 2010. I asked them if they would remove the tradeline from my credit report.
Message 3 of 11
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Not to be debby downer, but I think its a long shot.

I had a CO for exactly 1000 in 2009. It went to collections and I eventually paid the collection agency 100% - was stupid and didn't know anything and got pressured into just paying it off (long before I ever knew of myfico!)

Anyways the other month, I contacted the Executive office asking for a good will to remove some of the lates or to remove the TL all together.

I got the SAME call saying its under review and they will let me know. I got a call about 3 days later and she said very polietly - all the info is correct, I'll send you your bills to prove it, sorry, we're not removing anything.  I said "but I paid it 100% in full, I'm asking for a goodwill gesture on your part, since I know so many people settle for less, I paid it all in full" she responded, "well as soon as it went to the collection agency we lost money on it, so sorry"

I wrote back about 3 different times to the CEO's email address and each time I get the "the info is accurate sorry" respsone from someone in the executive office.

If you can get it removed, best of luck to you, I'm letting it rest for a couple months before I start emailing/calling again on a weekly basis hoping I get someone else to handle it.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.. Thanks for the reality check scarrollprint. I suppose all we can do is dream can't we Smiley Happy

You know what's funny though, I never really took an interest in understanding the affect of the "baddies" my credit report, until more recently. After understanding what a charge off is, I think my account was improperly notated as one on my credit report. Because as I understood it, it was actually a settlement and NOT a chargeoff. As it never went to a collection agency, just Chase's collections department. I actually had my account changed to settlement/closed by them fairly recently.

I wonder if that could make a difference?

Message 5 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Happy early b-day and good luck

Message 6 of 11
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

If you settled for less, then 100% was owed, you may (or you may not who knows) get the same response I did. They said in a nutshell - the info is correct we're not changing it or getting rid of it.

So since you settled for a lesser amount, they still lost money on you, so they might use that as an excuse to hurt you for years to come.

I'm hoping I'm wrong - I actually pray you get a postive response so that you can give me the name of the person you specifically deal with so I can call the exec office and ask for that person!

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 7 of 11
DCole3g
New Contributor

SCarrollPrint, the exact same thing happened to me.  I contacted "Chase Executive" office and they reviewed my account and stated that the information was correct and was being reported accurately.  They refused to delete the tradeline or help me in any way.  I have heard about them helping so many people, oftentimes without them even giving them a dime.  It's my fault that I have a negative tradeline with them, but I really wish they would give me a little help.  If you or anyone else has any luck with them please let me know. I would be happy to try again.

Message 8 of 11
DCole3g
New Contributor

Good luck!!!

Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope it works out, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.