Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took the plunge...NFCU

tag
pbl1999
Established Member

I took the plunge...NFCU

So I've been reading all the wonderful stories about NFCU and decided to join on yesterday. Well I received a call today from a CSR regarding the online site. After he finished telling me about the great benefits of NFCU he says, Mr. ... You are eligible for our Flagship card, little did he know I was planning on applying on Jan 2nd (paid off cc's to get utl down, waiting for update CR). After providing my info, he said it would be 3-5 business days before a decision. Wow. He said, they are behind with reviewing applications.  I'm a little nervous right now. 

Starting Scores 12/26/12: Exp (Fako):659| Equ (Fako): 719|TU (Fako) 665
Current: 1/1/13 Equ (FICO) 649, TU 613
Goal Scores: 750+

In the garden till scores reach 700.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: I took the plunge...NFCU

Did he give you an access number for your account?  If so you can always check here to find out the status:  NFCU CC/Loan status

EDIT: Also wanted to add that I joined and app'd last Friday and I didn't get the email notice until Xmas day.  So yea I would say that the Xmas rush is definitely on and I'm sure between the rush and vacations they are a little behind.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 25
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I have had NFCU online site give me the 3-5 day message and was able to view an approved status within 24 hours. It may be because of the holidays they are really behind but it is not their norm.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 25
orl22
New Contributor

I just receive my card today. Nreward at $14k CL. Lucky for me it was an instant approval. I didn't have to go thru he torture of waiting. 

Message 4 of 25
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Hello and welcome yes im sure u will be fine congrats on being part of the nfcu family.keep us updated!

Message 5 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

i also got the 3-5 day wait for my siggy card. I was approved the next day.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best NFCU card to get?  I've got a 678 Fico...  Looking to get a good card with a decent limit

Message 7 of 25
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the best NFCU card to get?  I've got a 678 Fico...  Looking to get a good card with a decent limit

I don't think any are bad....just need to check out the differences and see which one fits your spending and personal preferences.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 25
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just call and tell them you would like to have your application reviewed now, they will comply with your request.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 9 of 25
pbl1999
Established Member

Update: I was approved with a 5k CL. Decided to call to see why I received the minimum CL and request an additional 5k, I should have an answer by next week. 

Starting Scores 12/26/12: Exp (Fako):659| Equ (Fako): 719|TU (Fako) 665
Current: 1/1/13 Equ (FICO) 649, TU 613
Goal Scores: 750+

In the garden till scores reach 700.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.