Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to tell y'all — Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to tell y'all — Discover

I am here to report that Discover is still holding a payment for the second week. I've made payments to Discover since then, but that payment that I was saying they had on hold, they're still messing up my account with that.

They already refunded my check return fees, but they are charging additional ones. Which they're going to keep refunding. It's out of my hands. Discover's going to start issuing out some credits.

And it's not my fault either. Something is wrong with Discover's payment system. This is week 2 of their hold problem. Which I told them not to do, but people on this board didn't believe me for some reason. Instead they wanted to start asking me what I did for a living and started talking about how to budget and divvy up the money that I make, while ignoring the true issue.
79 REPLIES 79
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I tried to tell y'all — Discover

Not sure what's going on with your account but it seems to only happen to you ...Smiley Sad

No other reports whatsoever from anyone else here Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember your issue. Discover had waited a few days to withdraw the funds from your bank account because they held your payment, and when Discover finally decided to take the payment you had authorized there weren't enough funds to cover it. If I remember correctly, you felt that because they waited so long to withdraw the funds that it was their fault for the returned payment. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with payments to Discover.

Message 3 of 80
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

I wonder how long it will be till this thread gets locked.
Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 4 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're going to need to cancel that payment, like I told them to do two weeks ago.

I've been on top of this since day one. I told them this is what would happen.

They put a hold on that one payment. People don't schedule same-day payments, only for it to be taking it's sweet time doing transactions two weeks later. It has been weeks.
Message 5 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember your issue. Discover had waited a few days to withdraw the funds from your bank account because they held your payment, and when Discover finally decided to take the payment you had authorized there weren't enough funds to cover it. If I remember correctly, you felt that because they waited so long to withdraw the funds that it was their fault for the returned payment. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with payments to Discover.

Yep thats's the one JustmeSmiley Sad

And I'm putting it out there to all we are not going back down this road again like last time or like last  time

I'll have it locked again

MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something is wrong with Discover's payment processing, because the payment never should've been put on hold in the first place. I'm going to make some phone calls so stay tuned—I'm not done yet!

Message 7 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover placed a hold on a payment I made recently as well.

I was at $819/ $1000, I scheduled a payment of $619 to come out on 05/02/2016, it was scheduled and taken out of my account on 05/03/2016. Showed my balance as $200/ $1000, however I didn't have the credit available in may account until yesterday 05/11/2016.

I think my situation is not what you were describing as they did debit the money from my checking account, they just placed a hold on available funds. This is a newer account for me (2 statements in) and this was the most I had charged, and the biggest payment I had made. I called to inquire about it and they told me they did a hold since it was such a large payment, but now thst my account is established I wouldn't have thst happen any more.

Hope this helps FWIW
Message 8 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep thats's the one JustmeSmiley Sad

And I'm putting it out there to all we are not going back down this road again like last time or like last  time

I'll have it locked again

MJ

I'll do my best not to let that happen! Smiley Indifferent

OP, are you saying that they are still trying to put that same payment through, or are they holding an entirely new payment?

Message 9 of 80
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not again Smiley Frustrated .. I can't handle another one of these

Message 10 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.