Did you mean: 

I tried to tell y'all — Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Proper way to pay Discover

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In addition, I have Disc set up to take out the minimum automatically if the cheque doesn't process on time (has happened twice, once last momth, when it processed the same day as the auto payment, but evidently after it processed).  Yes, the first time, I ended up with a credit on the acct, which was sock drawered at the time, meaning wheni it switched to a 5% catagory I liked, I had money already on the acct.

I don't think this is just a Discover issue though. I can think of a few lenders that seem to take forever to process payments; Cap1 and Sychrony seem to take the longest for me, depending on the amount of my payment. If it's a large amount, it takes awhile, if it's a small amount it processes quicker. I also know some lenders like to hold payments if you make multiple payments in a month, especially on new accounts. I think the only lender I have that I haven't had any delays with my payments is Amex - they always seem to process payments quickly.

I've actually seen that with both Synchrony (was sent in WEEKS early, ended up chatting with a CSR who said he didn't see the payment, but from the sound of it, it should be processing...it literally showed up on the due date, backdated about 5 days) and Cap 1 (just last week, payment hadn't posted by the due date, so I made the min payment online just hours before the cutoff, and the mailed payment ended up processing before the online payment)

It's not really a big deal, just something that keeps one on one's feet.  (I actually realised that I forget to send a cheque for an account due Sunday, so I will be paying that online, just glad I caught it today and not Monday)

Message 71 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My only experience is with Cap One, and for large payments ($500+), payments post by 12 mid and credit available updates one day later.

I'll be making my first payment to Discover on 5/15 ($800 ACH pull), 12 days prior to first statement 5/27.  It will be interesting to see how soon it posts and updates credit avbl.

Smiley Surprised Whaaat? I wish they'd process my payments and make the credit available that fast for me. I've been with them almost 2 years and they have never processed (or credited my account) that fast - ever Smiley Indifferent I've just become so used to it I thought it was normal. Smiley Sad

Message 72 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My only experience is with Cap One, and for large payments ($500+), payments post by 12 mid and credit available updates one day later.

I'll be making my first payment to Discover on 5/15 ($800 ACH pull), 12 days prior to first statement 5/27.  It will be interesting to see how soon it posts and updates credit avbl.

Smiley Surprised Whaaat? I wish they'd process my payments and make the credit available that fast for me. I've been with them almost 2 years and they have never processed (or credited my account) that fast - ever Smiley Indifferent I've just become so used to it I thought it was normal. Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad Don't be sad.  Smiley Very Happy  I'll trade you my processing speed for your CL.  Smiley LOL

Message 73 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've actually seen that with both Synchrony (was sent in WEEKS early, ended up chatting with a CSR who said he didn't see the payment, but from the sound of it, it should be processing...it literally showed up on the due date, backdated about 5 days) and Cap 1 (just last week, payment hadn't posted by the due date, so I made the min payment online just hours before the cutoff, and the mailed payment ended up processing before the online payment)

It's not really a big deal, just something that keeps one on one's feet.  (I actually realised that I forget to send a cheque for an account due Sunday, so I will be paying that online, just glad I caught it today and not Monday)

I think you're the first person I've seen in awhile that still mails a check in. You could save yourself the money from those stamps and pay online Smiley Wink

Message 74 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Sad Don't be sad.  Smiley Very Happy  I'll trade you my processing speed for your CL.  Smiley LOL

Ha ha, I bet your CL is higher than mine Smiley Wink

Message 75 of 80
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really, capital one has always processed my payments next day and made credit available! But I have been with them 5 1/2 years. Maybe that comes into play. Just guessing 😀

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 76 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you're the first person I've seen in awhile that still mails a check in. You could save yourself the money from those stamps and pay online Smiley Wink

I could...but all I'd be doing with that extra free time is yelling at the young wippersnappers to get off my damn lawn. Smiley Wink

(See the post about AMEX member since dates)

Message 77 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nova5041 wrote:

Really, capital one has always processed my payments next day and made credit available! But I have been with them 5 1/2 years. Maybe that comes into play. Just guessing 😀

Wow you too huh? Hmm, maybe it's my bank then that's the slow one? Cause Cap1 is definitely very slow for me. Oh well, I'm so used to it now I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they credited my payment the next day Smiley LOL

Message 78 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I could...but all I'd be doing with that extra free time is yelling at the young wippersnappers to get off my damn lawn. Smiley Wink

(See the post about AMEX member since dates)

Ha ha, that's funny - you sound like me!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 79 of 80
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I tried to tell y'all — Discover

Comments have been closed on this thread, as discussion has become circular and responses may not align with our FSR standards.   I recommend that members familiarize themselves wih the T&Cs of their credit products.   It is also best to work as quickly as possible with a creditor should you have any payment issues.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.