Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I understand why they're called Crapital One now

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: I understand why they're called Crapital One now

THis shows the problem that we as customers face with the big banks/CCCs. The frontline CSRs are often subpar but they are the face of these banks. I am glad you got the situation resolved with a higher-up manager.

I've only had an irregular charge once for a few dollars (and oddly, it was reversed by the merchant just moments later; maybe an error) but the security of my CC number had been compromised. I think it was my PNC card. Elan quickly issued me a new card but they didn't offer to overnight it either. I just waited a couple of days. For such situations it really is best to have backup cards available as to avoid something like a missed insurance payment.

Message 11 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

THis shows the problem that we as customers face with the big banks/CCCs. The frontline CSRs are often subpar but they are the face of these banks. I am glad you got the situation resolved with a higher-up manager.

I've only had an irregular charge once for a few dollars (and oddly, it was reversed by the merchant just moments later; maybe an error) but the security of my CC number had been compromised. I think it was my PNC card. Elan quickly issued me a new card but they didn't offer to overnight it either. I just waited a couple of days. For such situations it really is best to have backup cards available as to avoid something like a missed insurance payment.

+1

I have that now with my new Barclay's card. I'm excited to be able to can 2 of my 4 rebuilder bank cards and put a nice prime one in!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 20
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I had fraudulent charges hit my account on 12/24/11. Two charges for close to $80.00 from Beijing China. I live in Maryland. They closed the account down and issued a new card. If I wanted it rushed to me it would cost $16.00. I have to wait 5-7 business days for it. I'm already heated about that.

Now today.

I call in and ask when they are going to credit the fraudulent charges back to my card because I have a reaccuring charge for my auto insurance coming out on the 28th. The woman says they need to do an investigation on the charges and that could take up to 30 days. REALLY?!?!?!?! I live in MD and I made a payment from my home for my cell phone bill with this credit card the morning of these charges not 30 min apart of when the first one took place.

At this point i'm livid and worrying about my insurance payment declining. I was at one of their banks to make a deposit and what a surprise theyre closed (I understand day after christmas) so I call back and proceed to get hung up on 2 different times trying to speak to a representative. I finally get one back on the phone and he continues to say there is nothing they can do for me. I just PIF on this card on the 23rd, cash. I have available credit for this payment. But due to fraud you have to hold up money I JUST PAID YOU so you can do a investigation??

I'm done. I'm closing the bank account with them and these ridiculous credit card tommorow. This is utterly unacceptable and I feel as if I had a better credit card I would get 1,000 times better customer service then what they gave me today.

I tried to book a ticket on a small Asian airline's website. The section timed out before I hit confirm. Few days later, the charge showed up on my online banking.

Called BoA, explained the situation, Rep asked few questions. That's it. I don't need to follow up or anything. They issued the credit back the same day... I'm very happy.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 13 of 20
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I had fraudulent charges hit my account on 12/24/11. Two charges for close to $80.00 from Beijing China. I live in Maryland. They closed the account down and issued a new card. If I wanted it rushed to me it would cost $16.00. I have to wait 5-7 business days for it. I'm already heated about that.

Now today.

I call in and ask when they are going to credit the fraudulent charges back to my card because I have a reaccuring charge for my auto insurance coming out on the 28th. The woman says they need to do an investigation on the charges and that could take up to 30 days. REALLY?!?!?!?! I live in MD and I made a payment from my home for my cell phone bill with this credit card the morning of these charges not 30 min apart of when the first one took place.

At this point i'm livid and worrying about my insurance payment declining. I was at one of their banks to make a deposit and what a surprise theyre closed (I understand day after christmas) so I call back and proceed to get hung up on 2 different times trying to speak to a representative. I finally get one back on the phone and he continues to say there is nothing they can do for me. I just PIF on this card on the 23rd, cash. I have available credit for this payment. But due to fraud you have to hold up money I JUST PAID YOU so you can do a investigation??

I'm done. I'm closing the bank account with them and these ridiculous credit card tommorow. This is utterly unacceptable and I feel as if I had a better credit card I would get 1,000 times better customer service then what they gave me today.

I tried to book a ticket on a small Asian airline's website. The section timed out before I hit confirm. Few days later, the charge showed up on my online banking.

Called BoA, explained the situation, Rep asked few questions. That's it. I don't need to follow up or anything. They issued the credit back the same day... I'm very happy.

Its most likely an issue with Holiday hires that they have so the more experienced CSRs can go on vacation..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 14 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Now today.

Its most likely an issue with Holiday hires that they have so the more experienced CSRs can go on vacation..

I dont know what it is but they are damn lucky that bank was not open this morning, I was hell bent on closing everything with them after the craziness I had with their reps.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Now today.

And thats how it should be!! If I didn't get that backdoor number for Sr. reps I would be screwed! And extremely upset! It shouldn't take calling other numbers than the one you advertise on the back of your card to get DECENT CS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I dont know what it is but they are damn lucky that bank was not open this morning, I was hell bent on closing everything with them after the craziness I had with their reps.

The only reason that I don't cancel my CrapOne is because it's the only Visa card I have that doesn't charge FTF. I use it with paypal to pay for some small online purchases oversea.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 17 of 20
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

The only reason that I don't cancel my CrapOne is because it's the only Visa card I have that doesn't charge FTF. I use it with paypal to pay for some small online purchases oversea.

If its processed by Paypal doesn't that mean its charged within the US?

I didn't think paypal charged FTF even if you paid by credit.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 18 of 20
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

If its processed by Paypal doesn't that mean its charged within the US?

I didn't think paypal charged FTF even if you paid by credit.

Few times I was charged FTF by the CC companies even the charge went from Paypal.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tengtengvn wrote:
Few times I was charged FTF by the CC companies even the charge went from Paypal.

Wow.. that sounds odd. I've paid for some random purchases both with PayPal and Google checkout (charges in pounds, Euros and Swedish Kronar) and I don't remember getting a FTF charged on any of those.

However, this DOES remind me why I should keep one Cap One card open, just in case I ever decide to take it abroad so I don't get charged extra fees.

Regarding the rest of the thread - the only, ONLY, person I've talked to at Capital One that didn't seem useless, clueless and utterly incompetent was the person I spoke to at their executive office a few weeks back. He was incredibly nice, even if he coudn't really do anything about my secured card - but he fixed my other issue just fine. It actually felt like customer SERVICE for once, instead of me as the customer feeling like their servant.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.