Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I understand why they're called Crapital One now

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I understand why they're called Crapital One now

I had fraudulent charges hit my account on 12/24/11. Two charges for close to $80.00 from Beijing China. I live in Maryland. They closed the account down and issued a new card. If I wanted it rushed to me it would cost $16.00. I have to wait 5-7 business days for it. I'm already heated about that.

Now today.

I call in and ask when they are going to credit the fraudulent charges back to my card because I have a reaccuring charge for my auto insurance coming out on the 28th. The woman says they need to do an investigation on the charges and that could take up to 30 days. REALLY?!?!?!?! I live in MD and I made a payment from my home for my cell phone bill with this credit card the morning of these charges not 30 min apart of when the first one took place.

At this point i'm livid and worrying about my insurance payment declining. I was at one of their banks to make a deposit and what a surprise theyre closed (I understand day after christmas) so I call back and proceed to get hung up on 2 different times trying to speak to a representative. I finally get one back on the phone and he continues to say there is nothing they can do for me. I just PIF on this card on the 23rd, cash. I have available credit for this payment. But due to fraud you have to hold up money I JUST PAID YOU so you can do a investigation??

I'm done. I'm closing the bank account with them and these ridiculous credit card tommorow. This is utterly unacceptable and I feel as if I had a better credit card I would get 1,000 times better customer service then what they gave me today.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I understand why they're called Crapital One now

What the heck?!

Does their good customer service only kick in on better cards?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - so sorry to hear this Smiley Mad 

Message 3 of 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Kick them to the curb for sure!

An excellent example of crappy customer service. They DO NOT deserve your business!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 20
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Did you try Cap 1: 800-707-0489 (Senior Escalation Account Mgrs.) ?

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 5 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

No, im calling now thanks

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

Man you don't know hot much I appreciate you giving me that number! Very professional how they handled the situation, gave me a credit on the account to cover the insurance payment while they do the investigation. So awesome!!

So CapOne has gotten promoted from being closed tommorow to SD status!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 20
android01
Valued Contributor

I was thinking you could try for a hard-to-come-by CLI to cover your payments.
EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 20
lithium78
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

Man you don't know hot much I appreciate you giving me that number! Very professional how they handled the situation, gave me a credit on the account to cover the insurance payment while they do the investigation. So awesome!!

So CapOne has gotten promoted from being closed tommorow to SD status!

Crapital One is ridiculous.  Their cards don't grow with you and their customer service stinks.  They wonder why they are getting outcompeted by other banks.  My only CrapOne card has been spending the better part of the past year in the bottom of my sock drawer getting to know my argyles better. :-P

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:
I was thinking you could try for a hard-to-come-by CLI to cover your payments.

Smiley Very Happy

rotf getting back up..

Smiley Very Happy Smiley LOL

I got a better chance of seeing god than that happening!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.