Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've concluded I'm weird - I like closing cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've concluded I'm weird - I like closing cards

So, I've picked up six new cards this year. Feels great! But, I've also closed three. That also felt good, sort of the opposite of the norm around here. Is there something wrong with me? hmm.gif

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: I've concluded I'm weird - I like closing cards

As my wife poignantly points out, the fact you/me spend so much time on a credit card forum indicates something is wrong with us. And she works for Discover at their corporate office in Riverwoods, IL. Smiley Very Happy

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there something wrong with me? - Nope! Smiley Very Happy Its liberating. Looking to close a couple next year with no regrets. In the meantime if Citi plays nice maybe I can get AAdvantage without a hassle next month Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there something wrong with me? - Nope! Smiley Very Happy Its liberating. Looking to close a couple next year with no regrets. In the meantime if Citi plays nice maybe I can get AA without a hassle next month Smiley Tongue

I think I would actually spell that out instead of using that scary acronym.

Message 4 of 28
nightglider
Regular Contributor

I don't have a problem closing cards. In fact, I don't think any of my open TL's are more than a year old (the Amex might be).

Note that I'm not saying you're not weird, but at least you're in good company. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nothing wrong with you at all. I've closed quite a few myself. Closing Delta next month as a matter of fact. Diners is getting the axe in November. When cards no longer serve a purpose or you can't justify an af, ditch em!
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

cthu I forgot about all these dang acronyms around here. AAdvantage!
Message 7 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'm a hoarder. I'm weird in that way.
Message 8 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Nothing wrong with you at all. I've closed quite a few myself. Closing Delta next month as a matter of fact. Diners is getting the axe in November. When cards no longer serve a purpose or you can't justify an af, ditch em!

the AF is worth the hidden TL... Baby jesus is about to cry come November.   What I would do to have been able to jump on that bandwagon when it existed.

On a side note last year this year I closed out 4-5 CC..  Probably will kill off one of my Cap 1's this year.. Thought about killing off the Delta come november, but the MSD/Backdating to good to do that and worth the AF..  Need to find another CC to pick on, maybe it will be the freedom come Nov.. I dunno.. Most of my cards serve a purpose execpt the Cap 1's.. They do cause they are my oldest TL's 2004 and well the Delta MSD other ones other than freedom I cherish, but freedom has the 5% restaurant months.. ugh

My Wallet really only 3 cards are important CSP/Amex Ed/SM...  Other slot of 4 CC's gets swaped depending on Quarter or if some other card needs a month of love.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id have liked a Diners approval too. Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.