Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had some luck lately. Discover More & An Auto Card

tag
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

I've had some luck lately. Discover More & An Auto Card

Within a week of each other, first the auto card for mechanic etc at $1600, and then the Discover more at $1400... I didn't really want the auto card but had to try for it as something came up with my POS car. I was a little surprised at Discover, but I kept getting those **bleep** pre approved mailing offers and I was like screw it, I'm going to do it and see what happens. Had nothing to loose really. I'm done for awhile now, but will probably try and get my Macys into a Visa this spring after a few months break of nothing again.. I always wanted a Discover for some reason.. Smiley Happy Now all that's left is a MasterCard. I still need me one of those. Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Re: I've had some luck lately. Discover More & An Auto Card

Not to mention last month I got approved for a $3000 CareCredit card for the vet, medical, etc etc.. So yeah it's been a crazy last two months with the Credit. I need to chill a little now. It's nice to get approved after being denied a bunch of times in the past.
Message 2 of 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hi Navigator...

Congratulations on your new cards.

Credit gardening takes patience, and that's the point you're at now. You don't want to keep apping and then start getting declined due to too many inquiries. Don't waste those inquiries.

If you should decide there is something more you need in the way of credit...set a goal on the age of your present cards, low utilization, etc. Then, if you've met your goals, go ahead. Discipline in apping for credit is just as important as discipline in using the cards after you get them.

Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

Congratulations on approval of a Discover card.  It indicates you have excellent credit.  Doesn't it feel good to be Prime. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.