cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I walked out of the garden today, now I am running back!

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: I walked out of the garden today, now I am running back!

Well, I did it agaiin....I swore to myself I was not going to..but I did.

Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 11.13.22 AM.png

*8/10/13
Message 31 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

uh.........what CL did you get?

Just curious, why do you need 2 $400+ AF cards by the way? Is there something that the black card provides which Citi Prestige doesn't?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

uh.........what CL did you get?

Just curious, why do you need 2 $400+ AF cards by the way? Is there something that the black card provides which Citi Prestige doesn't?

Good questions, and thats the problem. I dont "need" the card. I just wanted it. Actually the rewards and perks on the Prestige is better than the Black Card.

I got the card for more of a personal satisfaction for myself than for the rewards. If that makes any sense. Almost 3 years ago I could only obtain a First Premiere card. Just a matter of proving something to myself.

As for the CL $15k

*8/10/13
Message 33 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 34 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I was going to...but....I went on a little small tiny app spree!!!!

But I am done now...DONE forever!!!

There are no other cards I can get....

After last nights spree, now I need to start closing some cards!!!

*8/10/13
Message 35 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have already reported you to ERT!

Shaking my head!
Message 36 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Oh just wait until you hear the rest of it.....!!! Im sure you will see my most recent post.....I know you are going to have me locked up and think I have lost my mind!!!!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 37 of 48
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

Wait... How do you get all that with a Foreclosure ? (I'm new to much of this baddy repair) Was there a collection on that, or was the giving up of the home enough to satisfy the debt?

Yeah, you've already proven you can get some solid cards.  Paying AFs to really prove it, seems like not so good idea.  Well, clearly you're gonig to hear it from the veterans here.  Hah.

By the way, what is your utility ?

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 38 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

Wait... How do you get all that with a Foreclosure ? (I'm new to much of this baddy repair) Was there a collection on that, or was the giving up of the home enough to satisfy the debt?

Yeah, you've already proven you can get some solid cards.  Paying AFs to really prove it, seems like not so good idea.  Well, clearly you're gonig to hear it from the veterans here.  Hah.

By the way, what is your utility ?

I know I am going to hear all the lectures...and thats fine.

I am wiling to pay the AF's associated for my own goals I have in mind along with personal satisfaction.

They really will pay off with the companion tickets on the citi cards and the amex platinum. My family and I are doing a lot of international travel.

As for the forclosure it was in 2008, it was not settled by short sale. The house was awarded to my ex-wife in the divorce. Of course it was in my name. She never made a payment and had to be evicted by law enforcement.  

I am surprised I have been able to make this type of progress.

My UTL is less than 1%

*8/10/13
Message 39 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

wait, did u just get that Amex platinum too? Smiley Surprised

How many AF cards do you have in total now? I see Amex Plat, Amex Green, Amex Delta, Citi Prestige, Blackcard. AM I missing anything?
Will you be keeping those cards past 1 year? That is a lot of AF to pay....

I understand you want those cards to prove your accomplishment (grats btw), but won't the money be better spent elsewhere? Like a BMW M6 for example?

Going on a spree is fine as long as you don't get AA or put yourself at risk for one, but I'm a bit puzzled about your choice of cards, particularly the Black card.

The Amex Plat and Citi Prestige are really good cards, especially if you have Citi Private Banking relationship, but that black card seems pretty useless for the amount of fee it is charging.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.