cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an appl

@pdxmike wrote:

But am I even right in believing the criteria are easier for the student card? That's the only reason I'm interested. And how low can these credit limits go?

I think they are. That's what I thought when I applied, but it also means CLs are lower as well.

Lowest is $500 (per my sig), or you get denied. Same goes for the Freedom.

Message 11 of 34
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Re: I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an appl

Also, might it be possible, say with a phone application if that's a thing, to have the same inquiry be used for the regular it card, and then the student card as a fallback?

Message 12 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pdxmike wrote:

Also, might it be possible, say with a phone application if that's a thing, to have the same inquiry be used for the regular it card, and then the student card as a fallback?

Nope, 2 separate HP's

Message 13 of 34
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lowest is $500 (per my sig), or you get denied.

Is that a regular it card with $500?

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahem....like I said before I wouldnt chance it with the student card. Of course its up to you but if you choose to go for it Id go for the regular it card. As long as you dont have any negatives on your report (aside from lack of history with your own cards) I think you have a fair chance. Discover is quirky so it can go either way. Good luck

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-IT-Students/m-p/3437585/highlight/true#M952178...

Message 15 of 34
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

I think the big question outstanding is, does Discover consider AUs?

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

as stated previously discover does like new reports that are clean. give it a whirl. if it's a deny then you know your answer. it's only 1 HO...
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP**...
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be 2 HP. But either way you never know until you try.
Message 19 of 34
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

discover does like new reports that are clean.

People really get Discover it cards as their first-ever cards? I didn't think a card that good was possible with no credit.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.