tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

@gmason wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@gmason wrote:

Also, regarding the 0% interest rate, I just tried the following:

If I look at the application page as an existing BCP member, it says 0% for 6 months.

If I look at the application page as non-member, it says 0% for 15 months.

So I think as a BCE card holder, you would not qualify for 15 months interest-free.

You should never sign in when applying for another American Express card. Usually, as you pointed out, doing so wil make you miss out on a decent bonus.

Are you saying that if you make sure not to sign in, that you can get the bonus, interest rate, etc., offered to non-members? If it's reliable to do so, it would change my strategy for future applications for my wife vs a new card for myself in the spring (to maximize back-dating).

they have to honor the 0% intereset if it's in the t&c of the apps and they will, they don't have to honor the sign up bonus.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 21 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They honored all the sign up bonuses for Delta Gold.
Besides, I called CSR and they said I'd get that offer, BUT Im just holding off. I really need to let those inqs age off, and pay off my current Amex balance.
Thanks for the advice everyone :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 30
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Delta Gold is completly different though, you didn't currently hold a Delta card when you app'd

for ex. since i have a Delta Platinum card I can't get the bonus for the Gold Delta card

but i can get the bonus for the BCP or Starwood Card (actually got that card this month with bonus).

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 23 of 30
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Color me dumb, and I'm nowhere near Amex yet, but why is a bad idea to do a BT to Amex?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 24 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know it's a didf card Ryan,
But the fine print pretty generally states that any current American Exp cardholder may not be eligible... Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, a lot of people think Amex has to be pif.
But clearly that is a misnomer as I carry a balance all the time. I just make sure I never pay less than 10% of the balance. Im def one to utilize a 0% offer lol
Message 26 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, not all the time. Lol
Message 27 of 30
Capya
New Contributor

After you've had your BCE for 90 days, you should be eligible for the sign-up bonuses on the BCP.

Also, if you go through CardMatch, you will hopefully receive the offer for $250 after $1000 spend:

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Color me dumb, and I'm nowhere near Amex yet, but why is a bad idea to do a BT to Amex?

In a way, Amex is still highly reliant reliant on its charge card "PIF" business model, since afterall its a highly successful model for them. Therefore, in a way, they have a tendency to favor upon statement balances being paid in full, rather than it being dragged across for months and years.

That being said, if you have to do a BT to Amex or leave a balance, just go ahead and do it. Most of the time it will not cause any problems. The only time it starts being an issue is when the balance is being dragged on for an extended period of time, or that the customer has several other cards reporting high balances as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 30
JonStur
Established Contributor

+1...high balances + an extended period of time =  possible trouble...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.