cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want BCP!

Senior Contributor

I want BCP!

Okay Lexie, I know what you're thinking:
This crazy sob doesn't need any more cc's or cc debt for that matter(about to pay $4,000 on it! Lol)

BUT... The new 15 mos 0% on bts and purchases...
Plus the 6% on groceries
AND the $150 sign up bonus.
What I'd like to do is get the BCP for only grocery spend. I prob spend 200-500$ on groceries just for me.
Would it be possible to app for this card, and xfer my whole $24,500 limit from BCE?
I don't want BCE any more; BCP makes more sense. I know that to do a PC I have to wait 13 months, so I'd prefer not to do that given the current sign up bonuses with BCP.
I also am just at a sold 700 these days and not looking to lower my score further lol.

Im on the fence really, and I'd like advice ! Thanks :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
29 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

I'm on my phone so I can't check Amex's website to confirm my suspicions, but I'm pretty sure that if you have a Blue series card already, it means you're not eligible for the signup bonus. Not sure if its the same deal re: BT terms, too.
TU: 771 (7/17/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 792 (7/17/17)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $34,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013)
Valued Contributor

Re: I want BCP!


isoldmyatlas wrote:
I'm on my phone so I can't check Amex's website to confirm my suspicions, but I'm pretty sure that if you have a Blue series card already, it means you're not eligible for the signup bonus. Not sure if its the same deal re: BT terms, too.

That is definitely true but I don't know if young wants it for the sign up bonus just the 6%.  I think even though its capped at 6k for the average person or family it gives max value.  The sign bonus is not that great.

Valued Contributor

Re: I want BCP!


ezdoesit wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:
I'm on my phone so I can't check Amex's website to confirm my suspicions, but I'm pretty sure that if you have a Blue series card already, it means you're not eligible for the signup bonus. Not sure if its the same deal re: BT terms, too.

That is definitely true but I don't know if young wants it for the sign up bonus just the 6%.  I think even though its capped at 6k for the average person or family it gives max value.  The sign bonus is not that great.


I think he wants it for the 0% period. 

 

Young, I think you would be better off just doing a PC to the BCP and then apping for another card with 0% and doing a BT

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Moderator Emerita

Re: I want BCP!

Really? Here we go again! As others have stated, the sign up bonus if off the table. If you cant get the signup bonus, do you still want the card?
I don't know if you really want to use Amex as a 0% BT card.

You've got to decide if its right for you.

Seems like you are going in the wrong direction - adding cc's

Senior Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

Firstly,
I would NOT be doing a BT to Amex. I know very well not to do that.
I want it for the 6%. I want to PC it now, but can't bc Im a few months away from the year mark.
If I got BCP, I'd close BCE.
I spend a lot on groceries imo.

Obvi, no one thinks this is a good idea lol- note taken :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

If you want the card and have a need for it, then get it - provided that you'll be approved. But even if you're not approved, since it's amex, it'll be a sp, right? You gotta do what's good for you.


Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Moderator Emerita

Re: I want BCP!

Based on your original post i ranked your wants in order you listed them. The idea of PC was suggested and I think that's a good idea.
From your post it didn't appear that you wanted to wait until your year is up.

It's a great idea if you wait and can PC it and move your CL.
Super Contributor

Re: I want BCP!


09Lexie wrote:
Based on your original post i ranked your wants in order you listed them. The idea of PC was suggested and I think that's a good idea.
From your post it didn't appear that you wanted to wait until your year is up.

It's a great idea if you wait and can PC it and move your CL.

+1 

Young don't do it you have been doing good

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

When in doubt, always garden first! Smiley Very Happy  That'd be my slogan from now on. lol Smiley Tongue

 

 

 

 

Edit: I also want a BCE but hey, garden comes first... Smiley Happy