Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want CAP 1 To compete.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want CAP 1 To compete.

WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL this work??? ...OK OK OK. Just got a pre-approve letter - Yet. 19% For a Platinum is way to high and APR. Can I call the number and get an adjust?. I never have done it because my bank currently offers me at a wwwwwwwwwwwwway better rate. ( 11% Difference.) really I just want to call to annoy them too.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I want CAP 1 To compete.

Are you asking if you should call them and request an IR reduction?

If so, the answer is yes.  A few months ago they were trying to make their customers happy by granting 'wishes'.  The catch was you were to say "I want my Cap1 card to be my number 1 card."  I would think they would be happy to compete, as long as you have some leverage -- and it sounds like you do.

Make the call.

Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want CAP 1 To compete.

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Are you asking if you should call them and request an IR reduction?
If so, the answer is yes. A few months ago they were trying to make their customers happy by granting 'wishes'. The catch was you were to say "I want my Cap1 card to be my number 1 card." I would think they would be happy to compete, as long as you have some leverage -- and it sounds like you do.
Make the call.
Smiley Happy

I dont think Captial One would bounce to meet my standards, however you as my single reply to help -Eh, Might give it a shot.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.