Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Pottery Barn… Can I?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I want Pottery Barn… Can I?

They are on the upside of the harder cards to get right?

I feel like I have seen Pier 1 as pretty easy and thought about it but I really just rather get Pottery Barn... I'm thinking might be best to hit them up in March or April but any chance I could do it now at a lower limit?

My Buckle $250 and Express $250 are reporting and paid first statements

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

Re: I want Pottery Barn… Can I?

I think you have great chance at getting it! Good Luck! Heart

photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

They are on the upside of the harder cards to get right?

I feel like I have seen Pier 1 as pretty easy and thought about it but I really just rather get Pottery Barn... I'm thinking might be best to hit them up in March or April but any chance I could do it now at a lower limit?

My Buckle $250 and Express $250 are reporting and paid first statements

I'm not sure CreditAddict... IIRC you've had lots of recent credit activities including KOHLS that you recently got approved for... your CRAs are definitely working overtime to keep up with you!  LOL.  Since I haven't seen any threads on the shopping cart trick for this one, I suppose you're going to hit this one as a cold app?

Message 3 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's comenity bank, so just keep doing the shopping cart tricks for awhile! I'd wait till you have 6 months with your current commentiy accounts, and I'd you still don't get the preapproval pop up, then cold app it!
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
It's comenity bank, so just keep doing the shopping cart tricks for awhile! I'd wait till you have 6 months with your current commentiy accounts, and I'd you still don't get the preapproval pop up, then cold app it!

As far as I know pottery barn is not a part of shopping cart trick

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

As far as I know pottery barn is not a part of shopping cart trick

So, did you do it yet?

Message 6 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

As a hobby interest, your call. From a rudimentary stand point-stacking another on a glut of AAoA diminishing, high interest bearing, limited purpose, low limit new accounts, not recommended. No judgements. Just sayin'.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UGH... They pulled EQ! I thought they pulled EX, still pending so we will see but I would be surprised since EQ is my lowest.

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

UGH... They pulled EQ! I thought they pulled EX, still pending so we will see but I would be surprised since EQ is my lowest.

See, just when you thought you had it all figured out, they tricked you!  LOL.  Let us know the outcome Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 11
cinnamongirl
Contributor

I was successful with shopping cart trick for Pottery Barn & West Elm! What I also learned is that if you click the Request increase button you can get increases in the first month! I did it two days after getting approved, got a $2k bump, then a couple weeks later did it again-- $2k bump again! Ending up with $8k limit..
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.