Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Chase Disney

tag
Littlewig05
Established Member

I want a Chase Disney

I am 4 yrs. post Chap. 7 bk and a never had a Chase credit card. How much longer will I have to wait?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I want a Chase Disney

@Littlewig05 wrote:
I am 4 yrs. post Chap. 7 bk and a never had a Chase credit card. How much longer will I have to wait?

6 years Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 8
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Littlewig05 wrote:

Probably a while longer, but you can always get a Chase Disney debit card.  Same exact benefits and looks as the credit card, except that you don't earn rewards (which aren't that great anyway).  https://disneydebit.com  My wife has one and likes it.

Message 3 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Littlewig05 wrote:

Probably a while longer, but you can always get a Chase Disney debit card.  Same exact benefits and looks as the credit card, except that you don't earn rewards (which aren't that great anyway).  https://disneydebit.com  My wife has one and likes it.

+1

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 8
DiC916

DH just got approved and his EX score is about 630, with recent collections. I have no idea how he was approved for $5k. His only other cards are a capital one platinum and a credit union visa, both paid off. He's been an authorized user on my Chase Southwest card for a while, so maybe that's why. As far as the rewards, we go to southern California every year to visit family and love Disneyland (DH used to work there, I went to HS a couple miles away) so they're worth it to us. It's like 2% back at restaurants and he eats out a lot. Also, the card offers 6 months interest free financing on Disney vacations and cruises. I read that you can book a trip a year or so ahead of time, pay the deposit on the card, pay within 6 months interest free, and when the balance is due before the trip, charge the rest and get another 6 months interest free.
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 5 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@DiC916 wrote:
DH just got approved and his EX score is about 630, with recent collections. I have no idea how he was approved for $5k. His only other cards are a capital one platinum and a credit union visa, both paid off. He's been an authorized user on my Chase Southwest card for a while, so maybe that's why. As far as the rewards, we go to southern California every year to visit family and love Disneyland (DH used to work there, I went to HS a couple miles away) so they're worth it to us. It's like 2% back at restaurants and he eats out a lot. Also, the card offers 6 months interest free financing on Disney vacations and cruises. I read that you can book a trip a year or so ahead of time, pay the deposit on the card, pay within 6 months interest free, and when the balance is due before the trip, charge the rest and get another 6 months interest free.

WOAH! Congrats to your husband Im assuming he got the VISA Signature? Im surprised with the CL provided and with the cards he had when applied.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 8
DiC916

Yup, the Visa Signature. It was an instant approval, no recon. He has a few baddies, but none are credit card related (old utilities, cable, verizon for not paying early termination fee). His two other cards have low limits, Cap 1 $2250, CU $500.

EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 7 of 8
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and this card sounds awesome! I need to get 1 of those bad boys, lol. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.